Make chatreports count towards Staff App

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Lxvely, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Lxvely

Lxvely
    Now that the required number of accepted reports to apply to be staff has been doubled, I think it would be very beneficial if chat reports counted towards this total number. Of course, going through the actual report process, learning how to submit proper evidence and that is very necessary. But now that 100 accepted reports are required allowing chat reports to count towards the total would be incredibly useful. I would say that if this was implemented there should be a limit to how many chat reports count towards your total.

For example:
    75 Accepted player reports and 25 Accepted chat reports.

Let me know what you think (I'm particularly interested to hear what staff members think about this sort of thing.)

2. Vervain

Vervain
    Hello!

I see where you're coming from but I think the accepted player reports is good where it is. Chat report stats resets monthly and we don't want to possibly deny applicants with maybe 100+ accepted hacker reports and not have the requirement met on chat reports etc, so I think the accepted chat reports as a staff requirement would be a bit much since applications team does indeed look at how many chat reports a applicant has done already. :)

Lxvely and Mauricioh like this.
  3. WilkoS_

WilkoS_
    I feel as though taking the time to upload evidence and fill out the report form really sets apart those who are dedicated and can put the effort into the roles as a staff member from those who perhaps do not show the same level of effort and commitment. Typing a command is much easier than recording, uploading, and filling out a form.

I think that for these reasons, a requirement of 100 player reports is an excellent indication of someone's desire to contribute to the community - a quality that all staff members should possess.

Lxvely and creeper7777777 like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.