Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

/mail command?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sugar_Girl2, May 29, 2020.

1. Sugar_Girl2

I was hanging out on prison like usual and someone said that they wish that the /mail plugin was added to McCentral. What do you guys think of adding /mail? I think it would be a nice way to leave messages to someone who is offline.

I am also aware that there could be some potential problems but they could be addressed. The biggest potential problem is that a player could harass another player through mail. However, this could be resolved by allowing players to use /ignore for mail too. I also think that there should be a setting players can turn on that only allows messages from friends. Finally, there could be an additional setting that turns off the ability to be mailed completely.

With these different settings, do you think McCentral should add /mail?

2. Swinger

Swinger
    I think mail would be a great idea! Something that makes talking to your friends easier is almost never a bad thing. I agree that harassment would be an issue if /mail could be used by everyone to send anyone a message, but instead of an /ignore tool, I think mail should be kept a friend exclusive thing rather than having that option toggle-able. The only two settings it should need are mail from friends on, and mail off completely.

3. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    I think /mail would be a cool feature to have in-game, but I do want to point out some of the existing mechanisms already in place for players to use. There is a "Conversations" feature here on the MCC website that allows you to send private messages to players. You can also use Discord to communicate with other players on the server. However, I do see the benefits of adding /mail to communicate with players that may not use the website/people you don't have friended on Discord/etc.

One possible issue I can foresee with the implementation of /mail is that message size will be limited to how much a player can type into the Minecraft chatbox. Personally, I would see /mail as something to relay important information to others while they are offline, meaning that these messages may need to be longer than what you can type into the chatbox. This would mean that players may need to send multiple mails to get a single message across, which could become a bit clunky. Overall though I feel that this is a great suggestion!

4. Devon

sadsy
    I feel like this would be a good addition to the game. Considering that half of my friends are always offline when I want to play with them It'd be cool to not have to use an external application such as Discord or Skype to get their attention. It would be cool if it auto popped up the "/mail" when you log into the server. That way, your friends wont forget to open their mailbox all the time because it's in their face.

5. TheMythicalGames

TheMythicalGames
    I feel like this would be a cool aspect added to the game but I agree with Rev3rse on this one. There are other ways to message people and I believe that this can be used in a way to spam people. This will cause a bigger problem for players and staff but maybe they can find a way to fix that. All in all, this is a pretty good idea and hope it gets added with my conditions! Hope you see you soon :smile:

6. Simplistiq

snoic
    Hey,

I feel like this would be a good idea, I am into this idea. I would love to see if people have left anything important while i was off. This would be simple and I like it. I am into this idea +1

Thanks,

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.