Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Lobby PVP Rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoloswsg247, May 15, 2020.

1. Yoloswsg247

Yoloswsg247
    Hey y'all

I thought of an idea that would help players acquire cosmetic shards quicker or credits. Let's say you're in the hub and you see a message saying "Join lobby 2 for PVP match" or something better than what I said. What would happen was that when there are enough people in the PVP zone a mini-game lasts for five minutes that whoever gets the most kills gets a certain amount of cosmetic shards. This is just an idea I thought about while wandering around the lobby. Tell me what you think!

2. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hello! I think that this would be a nice thing to add to the lobbies, since currently there is no reward for getting kills in pvp, winning spleef (other than an announcement to anyone who is in the same spleef room), or finishing the impossible pvp. While most people don't care about cosmetic shards and cosmetic keys, since they keep building up and there's no way to open all of them at once or fast, I still think that it would be appreciated if a small award was given for doing things in the lobby games. The cosmetics only stay in the lobby, so there's no way it can affect gameplay in other servers. Besides, with the small games in the lobbies, they almost act like mini-minigames. If they don't choose to implement this, they should still at least put some kind of a lobby stats thing in, that tracks the amount of spleef wins, for example, similar to how the minigames stats menu works. Overall, +1 to this idea, because even though I don't think the lobby games are intended to have a reward, it would be nice if they did.

Yoloswsg247 likes this.
  3. iFeast

iFeast
    Hey, I like the idea of rewards from the lobby minigames. I hear many people always asking if there's leaderboards for them lol. While a fun time passer, I don't see how it could hurt getting rewards from pvp and spleef. The only problem I see is that it may invite boosting for cosmetic shards through alts/friends. Overall, it's not a bad idea

4. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Heyo!
    Personally, I like this idea! It's certainly going to motivate players to play lobby PVP on a larger scale however to possibily build onto you idea how about instead of straight up earning credits/cosmetic shards. How about creating wager battles, where both players put credits on the line and the winner will take the credits home. It's quite like the coinflip system in subservers. Although I would make this wager match an option instead of forced as there are times when I just enjoy PVPing my friends for fun, not to gain anything.

Regardless, again - I like the idea; including more players is certainly the kind of ideas that I like personally and believe that it would be a lovely addition to the server! :)
    - Elecctricc

creeper7777777 and iFeast like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.