Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Lobby Cosmetic Keys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darenn, May 21, 2020.

1. Darenn

Darenn
    So i've been playing MCCentral for quite the time now and by playing minigames, you get cosmetic keys (not every game of course) and cosmetic keys take uhm... quite the time to open. One cosmetic key takes nearly 10 seconds to open meaning it would take you about half an hour to open only 200 keys. Now I would love to open them and unlock all the lobby cosmetics but i'd be here for nearly an hour and my fingers would go numb from opening all of the keys. I beleive that the time should/could be reduced to 3-5 seconds as there's no real point in waiting that long for a key to open.
    Or, you could maybe purchase a perk in the lobby with your credits and this perk would reduce the time when opening keys.
    Anyways, these are just my thoughts, let me know what you guys think below!

creeper7777777 likes this.
  2. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
    Hey @ShePrecious I totally agree with you with decreasing the time it takes to open a cosmetic key. I think 10 seconds per cosmetic key is just too long especially when you have let say 50 cosmetic keys that will take 10 seconds multiply by 50 which is 500 seconds which is about 8.3 minutes but 100 cosmetic keys will take 1000 seconds or 16.6 minutes to open all the keys. I think the time it takes to open a cosmetic key should be 3 or 5 seconds. Overall it is a +1 for me for decreasing the cosmetic key opening time and have yourself a wonderful day or night.

forgranted and Darenn like this.
  3. stiva

seray
    heyy!

i completely agree with this because as RaptorMission said, it can take quite a long time to open the keys. additionally, i think that there should be an option that allows us to buy a cosmetic that we don't have. i have quite a few keys, but i only need about 4 or 5 more cosmetics and i usually end up getting more keys while i'm opening the chests since i already have the items that i received. great suggestion! :D

4. forgranted

inhabited
    Hey @ShePrecious! I am totally for this. I'm at the point where I don't open cosmetic keys because they take so long to open. I also think adding more and cooler cosmetics would be a great idea also! Overall +1 as I completely agree with this.

Simplistiq and Darenn like this.
  5. Lexxonist

Lexxonist
    yes

It shouldn't even have to be a perk as they aren't even advantageous (just cosmetic).

Bulk openings would really help for when there's several keys.

+1

Darenn likes this.
  6. seretinsky

eyerolls
    Hey there
    I agree with the opening of cosmetic keys takes way too long. But instead of reducing the time taken to open, as I have over 250 cosmetic keys myself, there should be an option to maybe either open all of them or open say 20 at once. I just think this would I be a much easier option than reducing the time.
    Have a good day

puposaurus likes this.
  7. alaskapotatoes

alaskapotatoes
    this is a very good idea. you should make a suggestion in the discord!

8. Simplistiq

snoic
    Hey,

I do agree that opening cosmetic keys can be annoying and a pain. (especially if you have so many keys and you keep getting duplicates of the same item). Teddzy make a video on where she opened a bunch of keys, and the video was hours. I feel like they should make it where you can't get a duplicate of items. But, once you get all the items you get credits instead. Or, like you said they can just reduce the time it takes to open up the keys. Like a few others said like myself they dont find them selfs opening keys anymore due to the fact it takes so long. Hope to see you around! Have a nice day/night!

Thanks,

9. Cessie2u

Cessie2u

I have cosmetic keys built up over the years, but truthfully I have never once used any of them.

But I can see this is a problem for those who do!

+1

10. _Noxid

_Noxid
    I was just about to make a thread on this. I had 500 keys, and it took me about an hour and a half to open them all. Hopefully this is implemented.

11. Stolsiee

Stolsieee
    Hey,

GREAT suggestion I do agree that they take wayyy to long to open, I have so many keys to open but I can never be bothered to wait so long for them to open.

+1 from me

-Stolsiee <3

TheKingOfTurtlez likes this.
  12. Lxyne

Lxyne
    Hey, ShePrecious.

Two weeks ago I decided to open every cosmetic key that I had saved up from months of playing. I had around 200 keys and because I already had a majority of the gadgets and cosmetics I kept receiving two shards every time I used a key. In total, I opened around 400 keys which from my memory took me just over an hour. Which truly is a massive waste of time. I couldn't agree with you more on shortening the time it takes to open a cosmetic treasure key. If they only took 3-seconds to open rather than 10-seconds I could've spent 40+ minutes doing something more enjoyable.

I've never understood why cosmetic treasure keys take 10-seconds to open. If cosmetics were useful or rare items than I could understand the 10-seconds for a suspenseful opening, however, they aren't. The time taken to open a cosmetic treasure keys needs to be shortened to what you've suggested 3-5 seconds. +1.

Thanks, Layne.

#12 Lxyne, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    PistolPet likes this.
  13. PistolPet

PistolPet
    Hey there!
    Just like Layne said, they aren't the most useful things as you spend most of the time somewhere other than the lobby. I believe the should change the system completely and make them more useful and have more valuable items in them.
    I generally have over 300 of these keys that I won't open cause there isn't that much that is of value in them.

Maybe there should be a feature like on KitPvP and other observers where you type /keys to open your keys and in this case, maybe /keys as well. Or /cosmetics, something like this sort to not spend all your time on this.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Lxyne likes this.
  14. ltself

ltself
    Hey, I very much agree that it is annoying to have all these cosmetic keys especially when you only need to collect one a few more cosmetics to collect. Maybe there should be an option to open all keys at once.

#14 ltself, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  15. olo_YT

olo_YT
    If some kind of bulk/speed opening of the cosmetic chests could be implemented that would be great. Further more this would motivate people to actually use their keys, I have hundreds which I cant be bothered opening.

16. FourNut

FourNut
    Hey,
    There has been a few posts in the past, and my suggestion is to add a open 3 keys at a time, or open 5 keys at a time. I have piled a lot of keys, and it took me around an hour to open them all and it just took too long. I believe that they should implement that, but it really isn't too necessary. for you could just open the keys when you get the keys. To be honest, I understand where people are going at with stock piling keys, but you could just open the keys. But if people don't want to, I would suggest to add open 5 keys, open 3 keys at a time. I also believe in the fact about /cosmetics and how we should be able to do that command to open cosmetics to open keys, or just /keys,

Have a nice day!

-FourNut

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.