Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Leveling Up Celebration?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by olut, Apr 10, 2020.

1. olut

Imagine if every 100 levels you get a prize for levelling up? It would make it cooler and make you want to make it to the next hundred. Lets say you hit level 100, then unlock some lobby thing, or gain a number of credits, and it would come with the message; Congratulations! You're at level __ ! And then they say, you've earned this, level up to 200 and you'll earn this! It would be a great motivator for people to reach new levels. Just a fun idea I thought.

[​IMG]

2. Nikki_

Nikki_
    Hey Olut, (saw you in a survival games earlier today c;)
    I think this is a great idea, as it would really make people want to level up, however, it can be seen as pointless, as you already do get credits when you level up, because often when you win a game and level up, you get credits from the game, and also because players level 500+ are already OP enough to need extra credits for leveling up. I absolutely love minigames, but I can tell you that it is difficult for new players to win games, especially if there's people with all the tier chests, fully stacked and have maxed abilities, so allowing people who are easily leveling up to get credits faster would make this more of an issue.
    (hope this makes sense)
    Thanks,
    Nikki

3. Olisaurus123

Olisaurus123
    Hello,
    I actually saw a post about this recently and was also talking to my friend who is almost level 3000 about this. I think this is a great idea but I do see where Nikki is coming from.

My idea for this is having some kind of new cosmetic or chat prefix that changes every 100 levels so you can show off what level you are.
    For example:
    [100] * [Immortal]Olisaurus123
    and maybe every 100 levels that '*' would change colours.

I hope something like this get's added in the future

Thanks for your time
    Olisaurus :)

4. HH_Captain

publicy
    Hey there!
    I do like this idea but if it was popping up in the lobby for everyone to see, people could abuse it and try to level up at the same time to spam the chat so that players cannot see the chat but with some extra tweaking, I think this could be a good idea and addition to the game to celebrate someone leveling up :D.
    Looking forward to maybe seeing this ingame.
    ~HH_Captain

5. TheTNTPotato

TheTNTPotato
    I do like the idea of there being rewards for reaching certain level milestones. I like Oli's idea of having a colour-changing asterisk, and the only issue I see with it is that there's only 16 formatting colours to choose from. Some other ideas to think about are things like

• The level numbers changing every 100-200 levels. The changes can maybe correspond to the current paid ranks so it's easier for people to understand. This can be combined with the asterisk idea where starting at level 100 you get an asterisk and every 100 or so levels you get new asterisk colour.
    • For every 100th level milestone up to level 500 you get a bunch of credits. By the time you're level 1000+, or even earlier than that, you have so many credits that you can buy every perk and upgrade and still have a ton left over. Getting credits early on can help newer players have access to these perks and stay interested in the minigames. This also gives rookies motivation to level up so that they can get credits to buy perks as well.
    • Have milestone cosmetics that can only be unlocked by reaching certain levels. There's plenty of people out there who want to get every cosmetic on the server and they spend countless amounts of hours grinding and spending money to do this. Having these types of milestones caters to people who're completionists and want to grind levels to get every cosmetic.
    It'd be interesting to have rewards to make minigames more entertaining and to give players who have crazy high levels some sort of recognition for their dedication over the years.

ThorKingOfAsgard likes this.
  6. FadedOffTheKush

FadedOffTheKush
    I love this idea. It would certainly be rewarding after grinding out levels for weeks. Perhaps for very hard-to-achieve levels, a message is even broadcasted out in the chat (for levels such as 1000, 2000, etc).

Olisaurus123 likes this.
  7. luvhly

luvhly
    I personally love this idea and for some players it can be hard to level up so they wont see the point in leveling up but when they reach to their 100th level it can be very exciting for them because they're getting a reward, they should receive an ancient key or as cosmetic treasure key.

8. Saphiya

Saphiya
    Such a nice idea but in my opinion i'm not too keen on it. A few years back MCC used to show whenever someone voted for the server globally even for other players and it would spam the chat a lot. It didn't look really nice and made it very messy. With the amount of players we have it would spam the chat a lot. Nice idea tho

abbzyy likes this.
  9. Imkind

Axct
    I think its good idea!
    But I think we have to give prize 1000 levels each!
    Have a good day :)

10. centjeuh

centjeuh
    Maybe they could add a leaderboard, for example the top 10 people with highest level. I think it would be a good goal to work towards.
    And maybe the top 3 could be showcased somewhere in the hub where everyone can see it.

11. Stolsiee

Stolsieee
    Great idea! I think there should be leveling rewards yes, therefore making the server less p2w, for example higher ranks get a bigger coin multiplier and I think that the higher you level up you should be able to achieve this coon multiplier as a low rank player :)

centjeuh likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.