Let's face it. The Anti-Cheat is bad, and it can be easily fixed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yeho, Jul 27, 2019.

?

Why do you think the anti-cheat is trash?

1. They did not update it

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. They changed the config in a way that makes it worse

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Something else?

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeho

Yehooo
    Let me throw this out of the way: I know a very similar thread was created recently, however, I want to address the issue more clearly, rather than just complaining "Fix the anticheat".

The MCC Anti-Cheat is bad. But why?

For years now, the entire community has complained about the MCC anti-cheat being very bad. But why exactly? Why is it bad?

Firstly, I was to address the issue with some screenshots proving that they did care about the anti-cheat at some point.

[​IMG]
    By going to a Skywars game and typing /pl we can see that MCC is clearly using a well-known Anti-Cheat called Advanced Anti Cheat, AAC for short. In addition, they also use ConditionalCommands, which is an addon for the AAC Anti-cheat. About MCCAC, I have no idea what that is and what it does. It's probably another anti-cheat, but I'm unaware of how good it is.

Let's move on to AAC. It's a very good anti-cheat, and it's not old at all. In fact, it was updated today at 12:43. Version 4.0.4 to be clear. However, I don't have any proof that MCC is using a newer version of AAC. Hell, they might be using a version from 2015 for all I care.

The cost of getting AAC is 20GBP. That is not a lot of money for a multi-server network like MCC. In addition, they've also invested in ConditionalCommands, and also a service known as "Optimized AAC Setups", which changes the config of AAC in order to increase hacker detection accuracy and makes it less laggy. How do I know? Well, if we go to Optimized AAC Setups' page and go all the way to Clients, we can see a familiar name.

[​IMG]

This cost of this service is $28, but they have a discount rn for $14. Point is, they did care about a good anti-cheat, and indeed spent around $48 for their anti-cheat.

So, why is the Anti-Cheat trash?

My theory is that they either did not update it for a while, or that they changed the config in a way that alters the optimized service they've bought, and as a result ruining the anti-cheat. Either way, it's not really that hard to update it. They own the anti-cheat, so they can just hit update, and it wouldn't take too long. And they could also optimize it again, considering they've bought the Lifetime plan (I'm assuming).

Why did I make this thread? To spread awareness. Mainly for the devs. Many people are uninformed of MCC's anti-cheat, and I was to inform them, while also alerting the devs about how easy it is to take care of the anti-cheat. At the end of the day, all I want is to enjoy a hacker-free experience. Mostly in Skywars. And I'm sure many people would do the same.

Smashhhh, WolfgangLP, Whalezy and 3 others like this.
  2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey! great post man! for my years of playing on this server i’ve always heard people complaining about the anticheat, and eventually i started ignoring them because they all mostly said the same thing.
    thanks for creating this thread! it was very informative, at least to me, and also helped explain some thing about the anticheat. :D

have a wonderful day
    ~puposaurus

3. Yeho

Yehooo
    Thanks mate!

4. Whalezy

LilSnapple
    Sometimes the anti-cheat will do it's job (at least when I play) and will kick hackers, but the trade-offs aren't beneficial at all. I mostly play SG and the amount of times I get rubberbanded or lagged back when I get hit and I'm running away is almost 100% and the amount of rubberbanding that happens when simply swimming in water is terrible. Once the staff tweaks the website I really hope they address this problem because at some points this added with the lag makes SG unplayable for me. Of course I'm saying all of this assumes it's caused by the anti-cheat and not something else.

5. Shadowkiller

xSyphlexMC
    This has indeed been a problem for some time now. I recently recieved a reply from Alex about this when I created a bug report.
    [​IMG]

Anti cheat is a hard thing to get right as there will always be new hack clients. The window of it being good is very small, you can't just blatantly kick everyone because some people might not hack. The hit detection, rubberbanding, swimming in water and more everything there is has to be perfect in order to make it good.

Btw my guess for MCCAC would be 'McCentral Anti Cheat' maybe, this could be a self made plugin or add-on to the other plugin but who knows.

6. Yeho

Yehooo
    Well written reply. I would also like to add that yes, while there are always new clients, more and more of them are getting patched by the day. AAC, as I've proven, gets updated. So if Alex doesn't want to create a custom anti cheat, he could just use AAC or NCP.

Regarding the message you've gotten, I'm kind of suspicious. Sure, the new site is amazing! But, the "time" excuse? While I do believe that the dev team is working hard, they could've fixed this problem ages ago. And again, as I've proven, it could be done with 2 clicks, provided they don't want to custom make it.

I want to believe that this time, after finishing the website they'll have spare time. I truly do. And I hope this will be the case.

7. StormAggroX

In experience they do need to fix the anti cheat how I couldn’t tell you I’ve seen fly hackers run around at outpost on factions and the anti cheat didn’t kick or ban them

This is a serous problem that cant be simply fixed it’s a complex plugin that if something goes wrong it will ban and or kick regular or average players that is why I choose not to vote

8. Yeho

Yehooo
    Not really. All it takes is a simple update to AAC.

9. StormAggroX

It’s not I run a small server with a few members and it cannot be easily done

10. StormAggroX

I don’t run it anymore tho

11. Yeho

Yehooo
    To be clear, I too had run a server a while ago, and it wasn't so hard. All you need to do is install a well known good anti-cheat like NCP or AAC, and that's it. You're done.

12. Bedrock_Bedrich

Bedrock_Bedrich
    I've been playing CTF for a very long time now, and the has been one of the biggest issues that is preventing from the CTF community from growing. I've seen a pattern with new players joining and then complaining about the huge amount of lagback, the water glitch, and especially the fact that sometimes you can't move when you spawn into the map, and then almost immediately get kicked from the game.

This anticheat isn't preventing hackers nearly as much as its leading people away from CTF, and even the server as a whole. If they've got time to update the whole website with a new design and a new forum, they should have time to troubleshoot the anticheat (just look into logs, those should be produced whenever it catches a player and lags them back), and fix it with some custom, foolproof code. Or just update it, who knows.

Yeho likes this.
  13. cheese_ball_3

The Anticheat is good what do you mean? It must be that you use 1.14.2 and have high ping.

14. Yeho

Yehooo
    No, it's not. Have you ever went to a skywars game and saw the thousands of anti-knockback hackers?
    I use 1.8.9 and my ping is perfectly fine. It's the anticheat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.