Launch pads

Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by Deleted member 145, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Hello everyone today I would like to discuss Launch pads.
    Last season I recommend a few times that launch pads would be added to /warp fb so rookies could jump over some of the mess that other users made outside of warp fb spawn. They did add them however they don't do much, When you go to warp fb and run onto a launch pad you only get thrown about 25 blocks if you run onto the pad and only like 12 blocks if you walk onto it. That is not even enough to get you would of the nonbuild zone. Now I know reset is only 2 days away but this is a very easy fast fix to do. I recommend that they make the setting to be able to launch you 52 blocks instead of 25. Also another thing they could do is make it like factions when you go to /warp fb and you get teleported to a random location in the map, I feel like it is too close to add that now so I think they should just change the settings in the launch pads.

Thank you for reading

Samboni likes this.
  2. AZXG

AZXG
    A random tp command will be too OP on survival since players can keep doing it to find biomes or generated structures without traveling.

#2 AZXG, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hello! i don't see the harm in launch pads as most people usually fly or whatever... but also, at the same time, i'm not sure if this is something i see that would be added.. it seems like something one person says "its abusive" then markey be like "ok we shutting this[launch pads] down". ok. for realsies, i do like the idea, but i'm not quite sure if it'd be completely useful. i get that they can help rookies since they cant fly and such.. but i know a lot of rookies just tpa to people if they need a biome or use a plot shop if they need wood.. but again, i can also see it useful for starting out players... i'm neutral 'cause i dont quite fully know // +0

as for what azxg said, yeh no-no on a "/warp wild" or a random tp.. it feel like resource worlds would have to reset more often if that was a thing. and resetting those seem like a pain. anwyays.. those are my thoughts.. sorry if they don't help seem convincing for anyone.

Deleted member 145 likes this.
  4. Ankh

Ankh
    It's a good idea, but like you said, the reset is very close. Really no point in changing it now, especially since it wouldn't take effect until the daily restart (so would only be in effect for 1 day). Maybe this is something alex can add to the list of updates to make on the next reset.

5. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey!

I really liked your suggestion they added in March but they did nothing lol the whole point was to help players get past the sycophantic mess not get to it faster!

Personally I think that they should make the same launchpads they have right now and just put it closer to the no build zone border.

However on the Other hand I think that they might not be needed that much as it is pretty easy to get over it and you can just go backwards from spawn.

A random tp though will never be added as it ruins the point of Survival Plots as a sub server as well as players will think it is towny style if they get teleported somewhere random

Thanks so much for this suggestion Sam <3

Have a Nice Day
    All The Best
    ___Sean___
    MCC Community Member

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.