Lag and glitches on server are a bit unbearable.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miritelm, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miritelm

miritelm
    So, I played my first UHC game today and long story short, I had a good spawn, good luck, found diamonds and as I was building along lava, my block placed but then vanished due to the server's lag and glitch issue, I died and now I am turned off by the server. See, the amount of people in chat who are bedrock and above are a good many, and donators in general are possibly more than rookies who have been on for more than a week. That amount of money is pretty big, but now I ask, where is it going? See, from what I know about a server, you need to pay to keep it up, possibly pay staff if they do, pay gift cards for winners of UHC and have the computer to run the server on. With the income they get, I would imagine none of those are worries for them. So now I ask, why is the server so laggy? So you may say, "Well maybe it isn't the server's fault, you just have a bad connection, " and I say false, I have a constant 5 bars, along with 24 gb of ram for my computer, multi core processor (8 cores to be exact) so running the game isn't an issue. And it is literally constant. I am on the server for a good portion of the day, depending what day it is, but a good fraction of the day, since these are summer days. And the problem is constant. The biggest one is with placing blocks. I place, it doesn't place. Over and over again. This is huge for when I am building structures and I need to focus. And pvp is harder than it should be. The problems can be subtle but I notice them. Why can't the people running the servers pay for a better pc or have multiple servers across the country. I mean the server is successful, sure it isn't Hypixel or Mineplex but it isn't underground either. If this is the only job for the creator, I understand why you can't cover it, but running a minecraft server for a job is pretty hard to believe when it averages in 2000 to 3000 people a day. Fix the issue please, and if I am misinformed about anything you read here, please kindly explain to me.

-miritelm

puposaurus likes this.
  2. FourNut

FourNut
    Hello,
    Yes, they do have a lot of money from donors, but that doesn't mean they can just upgrade the software. The console and the amount of players take space, and they constantly have to upgrade it! They can't just upgrade the server like Hypixel can. I understand that you have a great computer, but I don't and I constantly only run on 100 frames per second! I do not lag at all on the server. It could be something wrong with your router or something. You can also put this in the #support channel in the discord!

If you need any help or have any questions, you can contact me on discord at 4Nut#2232, or message me on my profile page!

miritelm likes this.
  3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    I can see where you're coming from about server lag. and it's not 100% your end; however, that could be a factor. as 4nut said, it could be your router ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    i know many other players who experience the same kinda server lag you described, but as far as my knowledge, i don't think there's a definite way to fix server lag. even putting the money from donator purchases wouldn't help because they can't update the server outa thin air....
    if that makes sense... i probably left some things out.. so if you have anyquestions, i'd be happy to reply to 'em

Have a good day
    ~puposaurus

miritelm likes this.
  4. miritelm

miritelm
    Well frame rate is not lag but my router is doing poorly. Thanks for the feedback!

5. Jdow

Jdow
    Yes, the server does make a good amount of money from donations but a large amount of that also goes back into the server towards development and upgrading the hardware (as far as I'm aware). It's been said that once the new website is up and running smoothly the owners are going to focus on overhauling or at least upgrading the anticheat so the lag backs and glitches you mentioned don't happen or at least happen must less and I'm assuming when they do that they will also be focusing on trying to fix/reduce the current lag that's prevalent especially when minigames start

6. Ankh

Ankh
    As far as I know, blocks lagging back when placing in liquids has been an issue on bukkit/spigot for a while now. Not sure if they use that to run UHC, but it could be a possibility. Also, what version of MC are you playing? The server supports 1.9+ but it's very buggy. I rarely, if ever, have this happen to me on 1.8.9.

puposaurus likes this.
  7. xBenz

xBenz
    Let me fix this some of your wrong points.

Firstly, MCC is not hosted on one “computer”. Sub servers and multiple proxies are spread across different dedicated machines. Keep note, the server is hosted in Arizona as well

Secondly, I don’t experience lag that often. Normally I get 20-30ms (mostly cuz I live in Cali so I’m closer to the host)

The owners work hard to fix any issues but lag is a tough issue.

puposaurus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.