Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Lack of communication between staff and players.

Discussion in 'Support Forums' started by Minnie, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minnie

Heya,

Sorry to post twice on the forums within 24 hours of each other, but I felt this was necessary.
    Following on from my last post, my appeal to be unbanned was denied because it was still seen as 'account grinding'. However, I think this punishment could easily be avoided if there was a bit more communication between staff and players. Obviously, in an emergency situation i.e. exploiting or griefing the server, there isn't really time to go over the rules with a player but in the type of situation I was in, it could have been done.

(For anyone who doesn't know what my situation was, I was banned for 'account grinding' when I was just killing a guy in pvp who kept doing /back)

I didn't know that this was a punishable action and if I was told in advance, I would have stopped. In the punishment appeal reply, it states: ''The rule Account Grinding doesn't only mean killing your own alt, it works towards other players as well. You killed another player over and over again, gaining stats from it, gaining money from it the rule states that all players involved in it will get punished.'' After reading the rules thoroughly, I can confirm that they only say: ''User logs in with an alternate account and kills it repeatedly to gain money on KitPvP.''

But my main point here isn't to complain about what the rules do and dont say, its to advise staff to communicate with players BEFORE a ban/mute happens, to warn them about what they are doing. If they carry on, fair enough, its their problem because they didn't listen to staff advice. Some staff already do this, and it does help alot. I know that players should read the rules before they start playing but its sometimes easy to forget what is and isn't allowed.

But this is only my opinion.

Thank you for reading,

Minnie

#1 Minnie, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
  2. Xermes

Xermes
    Hello.

The communication is very real and straightforward.

It’s called the rules. By playing on the Minecraft Central network, you agree to follow the rules and guidelines set in place here.

You just admitted to breaking the Account Grinding rule here when you said, “I was banned for ‘account grinding’ when I was just killing a guy in pvp who kept doing /back”

You just admitted to breaking the rules, that is, by definition, breaking a network guideline.

You say there needs to be a warning before banning/muting (which is true for minor offense mutes, we actually do warn before muting for some Severity 1 offenses) but for major offenses which can alter the gameplay (such as account grinding) there is no warning necessary which is why we ban off the spot.

You need to read the rules before playing the server to avoid being punished.

Have a lovely day.

Thread locked to avoid further misinformation.

micunmuted and DarkBeastPro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.