KitPvP Resets

Discussion in 'KitPvP General Discussion' started by Vredeninja, May 11, 2020.

1. Vredeninja

Hello all,
    I recently ventured out asking other players thought of this idea and most said that they believed it would help enhance the gameplay of KitPvP. The General basis of the idea is that KitPvP seasons would only last around 2 months, instead of the long grueling 6 months they last now. Most people’s concern was that they would waste money on keys/items etc. this would be fixed if there was a payout such as factions for the top clans at the end of the month of weekly. This would greatly improve the motivation of all players and definitely increase the player count because players would constantly be working towards kills/event wins. Obviously it’s just a rough draft but wanted to see what you guys thought

2. Prismane

Prismane
    Hey Vredeninja!

Always love seeing new ideas for KitPvP, especially since thats basically all I play lmao. But, I feel that if top clans got payout there would be so much more rookie grinding, to where players would stop playing KitPvP. I mean there already is a lot of rookie grinding just to make sure your clan is #1, but if there was payout you would see more of an increase if you know what I mean. However, I feel that this idea is really interesting, and idk maybe it could work out really nicely.

3. Vredeninja

Thank you Prismane! And I was worried about the rookie farming as well, but honestly it can’t get any worse than what it already is. Also with there being such a short season time and clans being so competitive, it would drastically increase player counting, meaning more intense pvp, meaning less rookie farming.

4. xXMrSwagXx

I like the shorter maps idea but I don’t think the payout idea is smart because it would most likely be going to the same people every map. With regards to keys I think if maps were to get shorter maybe keys should be a bit cheaper, idk there’s probably a better solution.

5. PumahKITPVP

somewhatchillguy
    No. Just no. This would completely kills kitpvp. We don’t want kitpvp to turn into factions

Zonafer likes this.
  6. Vredeninja

So you like the way it is now? The player count decreases by the day. Three weeks in all players quit. You didn’t actually give a reason as to why not @PoisonPotions

7. Zonafer

Zonafer
    I feel like each subserver (and the minigames) needs its own main attraction, a premise exclusive to it so people have a reason to play there instead of anywhere else. Adding a payout for the top clans is suicide because, like the others said, it would make rookie farming the chief method of grinding kills and rising in the ranks. Plus, it would encourage hostility as a cash prize is now up for grabs.

If a subserver or minigame is going to be incentivized, it should at least be a unique incentive. I don't see this bringing any positive change to KitPvP, so I'm -1.

8. Rokoman99

Vredeninja- Honestly, I love the creativity you have planned out with your proposal in the forum! I love the shorter seasons that keep players active and give them a shorter glimpse into the end. Which would help the inflated economy that occurs at 6 months. It would mean (possibly) more keys to be boughten, and fresh new people every 2 months [opposed to 6].
    However, I do not agree with the cash payout option you have proposed. I feel that since I first started kitpvp, [Season 2] the player base was substantial with over 70 players in each lobby [back then there was 4 lobbies with all the same OG map]. Although, I would love to see kit arise from what it once was... I feel that a cash prize will bring greed amongst players. As well as create a more toxic community who farm rookies, talk crao to higher clans, and may even brag over a cash prize. I do believe Kitpvp does need a new makeover with new maps, and even new infrastructure. I feel that, the new cash prize option is a bit much. As well as takes away from the Faction aspect of the server. Thanks for the opportunity- Spy VII

9. Minninq

Minninq
    Hello The payout that you said would be nice I feel would not work because Factions has a huge community now from what I know kitpvp is not the biggest community on release there was like 70 people online. So adding payout would add more rookie grinding like stateing above but It also would give free money because there probably would not be much competition plus I feel you don't have to be very good to get alot of kills. As if you have full diamond the full gold rookies are 2 hits. I feel like if they added this the server would lose money off of giving payout with paypal but maybe buycraft would be fine but not too much. As the server needs to gain money too not that money is all of it but they do need to get money not lose it to keep the server open.

10. Vredeninja

Thank you guys for your responses! I think we all agree that rookie farming is already the main point of the server and I am just looking at a way to get past that. I thought that maybe clan rivalries to get the top positions for payout could halt that. They would stop eachother from rookie grinding at the same time and create fights amongst themselves. It clearly worked in factions, and the way kitpvp is going the sub server really couldn’t get much worse.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.