Kitpvp mm Event

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by nonRacist, Apr 22, 2020.

1. nonRacist

nonRacist
    Heya

It's nonRacist here.

I mostly play kitpvp recently and it has been quite nice, seeing more players on, killing people,
    helping friends to win koths. It has been nice, thanks Mcc.

But i have a problem with the other Event, called "mob madness"
    I feel like koth is Event which you are meant to win with your friends, you need skills
    and numbers to beat it.
    But Mob madness aka mm, that feels like the kind of Event which you could win alone if you are
    good enough at killing mobs and avoiding fights.

There is a problem with this event though, When you kill someone who has gotten quite a lot of points from
    killing zombies, the person who killed you gets half of your points.
    Fair, this is fun and cool idea which looks amazing on paper, but how people use it, it becomes the
    easiest Event to abuse in.

People wait till the last minute or so, and then they just kill their friend once or twice to get the first place.
    That's against the rules, but I have done 6 mm events this season.
    in 5 of them, people account grinded, and in only one did the person doing so actually get punished.

Each mm lasts for 15 minutes, meaning that's 1 hour wasted because people abused
    this event, and did not get punished for it.

Easiest way of making it so people abuse this less is to either make it so killing people does not
    give any points to you, or that killing a player gives you max amount of points let's say, 10 or 20.
    (at this given time, you can get easily over 100 points killing your friend. that's like 5 minutes of
    hard grinding, just gotten, in seconds.)

Because without staff looking after each mm, people are going to abuse it, and no one wants that
    they just want fair and fun events to enjoy their playtime on mcc.

I don't know if it is possible to change it during this season as it is already going, but if it cannot happen this
    season, i would love to see the change next season.

Thanks for reading and post your comments on the idea under (:

-Atte/nonRacist

#1 nonRacist, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    AZXG, kuieren, JustBeChill and 4 others like this.
  2. Steelzy

Hey there.
    I agree with this totally. I don't believe MM needs to be totally removed but maybe changed in some way. One idea I have is to lower how long it takes. 15 minutes is a long time of just grinding zombies and also leaves a lot of time for people who are account grinding to get their points up. I also think it is hard for staff to punish for this unless they know that someone is going to account grind before it happens. The only real way to get someone punished is to ask a staff member to spec beforehand, or to record proof and send it in. Even with that it is sometimes hard to punish because people can hide it by fighting back a little bit but still letting their friend kill them in the end. I don't know if their is a way to make it easier for staff to punish people who do this but if there is that would most likely help a lot. Thank you for this amazing idea and have a great rest of your day/night!

-Steelzy

JustBeChill and nonRacist like this.
  3. UglyKidSteve

UglyKidSteve
    Hey Atte,

I agree with everything you have to say. With this new season having koth caps and mob madness wins in one category as event wins, the difference between winning a koth and winning a mob madness is totally different considering 4/5 mob madness wins are won by account grinding which is bannable. You would get the same reward as you would from the hard koth as you would from cheating an event which I don't think is fair simply from how easy it is to win. Thank you for creating this thread and bringing this to our attention.

4. Theoretically

I agree man. 10/10

JustBeChill and nonRacist like this.
  5. nonRacist

nonRacist
    Hi Steelzy, I feel like there shouldn't be staff on all the time spectating each mob madness as they have other things to do
    as well, and there isn't always staff available on such short notices, it should be changed to something which doesn't require
    the staff teams constant attention not to be abused.

Thanks for the feedback though, nice to see people agree with me (:

Hi Steve, Thanks for response (:

Yeah, 4 out of 5 mm being abused without being caught is not good, and there was staff spectating more than one time
    and only once did the cheater get punished for it.
    So even with the help from a staff member it is not guaranteed that the cheater would get punished.
    It is sad, but the truth.

Koth requires skill and people, and mm needs skills and speed.
    So the same rewards are good, but how easy it is to abuse is bad, i hope this will get fixed in the future, hopefully this season
    but at least the next season (:

thanks for the comments this far, let's hope there is going to be more.

-Atte/nonRacist.

JustBeChill likes this.
  6. JustBeChill

JustBeChill
    Hey Atte!
    I agree with everything and I doubt staff would come every time there is mob madness. If you don't want players to account grind, I suggest that Mob Madness is turned into more of a team effort. Maybe each clan could all go on Mob Madness and at the end, the numbers are added up to see who has the most points. Account grinding is possible but it could potentially reduce the amount of account grinders as your clan members are there to help out.

I have one more suggestion that people might debate over but since people do not like the way Mob Madness is set up, both of the events can have different keys. Split the event key into KOTH keys and Mob Madness keys. KOTH keys could have similar perks to mythical keys and Mob Madness could be similar to ancient keys. Thanks and have a great day/night!

nonRacist likes this.
  7. Montilou

Montilou
    This has been an ongoing issue for a while, and I'm glad you've created a post about it, this way it can be brought to the light and hopefully fixed.
    I don't like this idea, though. There are 2 events on kit, KOTH and MM. KOTH is an event that is nearly impossible to win alone; clans have a huge advantage, which isn't a bad thing, it's always been the same and players love it like that. If account grinding was nerfed for MM, it would make it a game that would actually be possible to win as a solo player, and I think it would kind of defeat the purpose of nerfing account grinding in a way by making clans share points, because either way they would get the points. It would also be confusing on who got the key after the clan in question won.

Overall, I really hope something is done about this. Removing points from kills would make it possible for solo players without top tier clans to win an event, which would be really cool to see. Kit has been very team-based recently, and I feel like adding this would be a nice refreshing change for the community.

InsaneIsMyName and nonRacist like this.
  8. JustBeChill

JustBeChill
    Hey!
    I completely forgot about the part about who gets the key. Maybe the player with the most points in the clan gets the key or everyone in the clan gets a Mob Madness Key. Like a said, we are trying to drop the number of account grinders and so I suggested to make it more of a team effort. I like the idea of when a player kills another player with a lot of points, they don't get any points. A player could've been killing zombies for 14 mins and gets their points taken is kind of unfair and you could get 5v1ed for your points. All those points were worth nothing basically.

#8 JustBeChill, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    nonRacist likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.