Keep appeals private 2

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Pullover, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pullover

Idk why unadvised was being a clown and locking, clearly wasnt finished

If XenForo is set up like that then I guess we cant do anything directly to fix it... but...

I just have one question directed to you or the staff team. No one else.

So you go on to say about you need a second opinion but then you also sort of contradict yourself when it comes to players asking about their punishment and they say "its subjective to the staff member, it's their opinion".

I dont understand how you can make that decision, your opinion, when you punish that person but when you go to look at their appeal you need more than your own opinion to accept or deny it?

I personally find it quite odd, if what I said makes sense. And nevertheless, it is without a doubt some of the views are staff being nosey and that's inevitable but the fact of the matter is, should punishments really be subjective to the staff member if it's not subjective to the staff member when they go to look at that same persons appeal?

Am I wrong?

If you all wanted to be on the 'same decision' you would properly make a punishment guide on what to mute for and not let half the rules be your opinion.

2. iSloth

iSloth
    Hey,
    I would like address some of the points you made in this thread. Every day, each staff member punishes countless players. We DO have a set of more in depth rules that we use to punish people, however we cannot possibly make a set rules to address every situation that we run into when punishing players. Some rules and objective and rightfully so. Disrespect for example, cannot have a definite yes or no answer and so we have to make the best decision individually. When it comes to appeals, a player may bring up an angle that the staff member have not have considered fully and opinions would be needed to have the fairest appeal process possible. To address the point of views, all of the views are usually the staff member coming back to it multiple times. In the case that it is not that, they most likely wanted opinions to make sure your appeal is dealt with fairly. I can assure you that I don’t know a single staff member who reads through other staff member’s appeals for fun. So, to answer your question, I highly doubt that appeals will be made private for the reasons I have given above.

forgranted likes this.
  3. Kane

Kane
    Your question was answered beautifully by Sloth. Unadvised already answered your main question in your previous thread. If you do not want other staff members to view your appeal, then don't get punished in the first place, as this won't be implemented anytime soon. There is no reason for you to create anymore threads regarding this suggestion, as the idea was shot down. We appreciate the suggestion, nevertheless, and we thank you for suggesting it. However, as it is, we believe that it's better for appeals to remain the same way they are than to make them private; the cons in this most certainly outweigh the pros. KierenBoal even mentioned some good points if you can go back and read them. I will lock this thread, as there is no use for it to remain opened.

~Locked​

forgranted likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.