Just some stuff

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by mcrcus, May 19, 2020.

1. mcrcus

mcrcus
    Howdy everyone! With the anticheat on the way, there have been a lot of hackers on Skywars, CTF, etc. And I know, you probably think this is a very generic thread about how bad our anticheat is, but this is a little bit different. I do not want to start any drama, or fights in the replies, but I just have some ideas that could be implemented to the server while it's on the way, and could be used even after it.

VPN Blocker

This is one of those ones that can be carried even after they add the anticheat, a VPN Blocker. Basically, as some of you guys know, hackers tend to come back on there alts, because typically, we don't IP ban them, and they always come back to hack with a VPN on. I am thinking, we should add a VPN Blocker, so when we do IP ban, they aren't able to come back on with alts, and use a VPN, so therefore the only way that they would be able to come back, is if they move houses.

Alerts

This next one could be carried once we get one, but the anticheat would most likely would catch them in time the staff would get to the game, and that would be alerts in the chat, that indicate when someone has used a client modification. This is great because then we would be able to send a staff member quickly enough to ban them. And I know people say, "just use /chatreport," but alerts can be a lot better, if they are able to detect it quick enough.

Anyways, I hope you guys like my ideas, and once again, I do not want to start anything, I just thought that these would be good ideas

<3

2. Firebal676

Firebal
    There is a VPN blocker implemented, might not be 100% but I hear it works essentially 80% of the time, which is good.

Also, /chatreport isn't used for banning hackers. Having something like the Badlion Network did when it was still up and having a flat out /report function would be worth it.

HOWEVER, there are plenty of reasons this doesn't exist. Staff would be flooded every second they are online and they would lose interest in being staff entirely. Being staff on the server isn't all fun and games and if there are only a limited amount online, it can be troubling to some.

Lastly, there are a million threads stating that the server needs a better anti-cheat. I think they know by now, are most likely working on it or dumped the idea alltogether.

3. Ankh

Ankh
    VPN Blocker
    There is currently a VPN blocker, however it doesn't really do much and is easily bypassable, as well as severely outdated (was added a long time ago and I've never heard anything about it being updated). I've heard more stories of people getting falsely blacklisted by it than by people who were actually blocked. So it either needs to be revamped as well, or scrapped entirely.

Alerts
    In my opinion, if the AntiCheat kicks a hacker from the game then there's no point in sending an alert to staff about it since, well, they're not in the game anymore and can no longer be spectated. So the staff member would need to manually track them down anyways. And unless it's actually removing the hacker from the game, there's really no need for players to be sent anticheat alerts. A /report system would be ideal, but for that we would actually need a way for staff to spectate ongoing minigames. At the most, I feel players should be notified when a hacker is removed from the game. For example, "<Player> was removed from your game for illegal modifications." Though staff would not be able to ban off that notification alone, since they could have been falsely kicked.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.