Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

I've been getting this error for a week now....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RachelLVCandy, Apr 25, 2020.

1. RachelLVCandy

So, for a week or so, this all started happening. I will be playing and it'll be going steady, then my game will freeze, and shortly after, this will pop up. I would be exited out of the server for a bit. Most of the time I have to refresh multiple times due to it saying "Can't Resolve Host Name." It is becoming quite tiresome and now I am asking for some help from you all.
    I've done scans on my computer, removed cache, and even contacted multiple wireless supports. Nothing that I've done has seemed to work. I am deducting that this is the server's issue (Mccentral or just Java in general) so I would hope for an explanation is available. Please help me on this, I am someone who is not comfortable with computers. I enjoy this server very much and would like to play stress free of worrying of potential "crashes." Thank you so much.

Okay I couldn't figure out how to get the picture on here >.< (I meant what I said about not being comfortable and good at computers :p)
    Soooo, I'll write it out for you ^-^

"Connection Lost, Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey! ik i just helped u in discord, but this seems to be something on your end with your wifi connection and/or what your computer can load if you're crashing like that... so.

hope this helped have a great day!

3. Sloze

Sloze
    Hi there!
    This has happened to me before however can be caused for a number of reasons, what worked for me was updating my java and then reloading my game, hope this helps.

-Sloze

4. AlexMarkey

"Can't resolve hostname" sounds like a issue with the DNS servers that your computer is using.
    I suggest swapping to use googles DNS servers:

TheKingOfTurtlez and Issel like this.
  5. TheKingOfTurtlez

TheKingOfTurtlez
    When alex replies to your thread, you should feel lucky. But yes, it does sould like a DNS issue, you should try switching your DSN server to googles, or, maybe try updating the java files or what ever type of "Mod" you are using, If you are using one.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.