Island Warp Logs

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Lxvely, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Lxvely

Lxvely
    Hey everyone!

This is an idea I've had in my head for a while and I've decided to make a thread about it after what happened today.

So like many people on Skyblock, I have a rabbit grinder hooked up with chunk loaders to make some money when I'm not online. When I got on today I discovered that my grinder had been bottled (completely filled the hopper and chests with bottles if you don't know what 'bottling' is). Incredibly inconvenient and annoying to fix, as well as it causing me to lose money. You can check out the damage here if you want to:

I contacted staff member's with the hope that they could tell me who did it, as server obstruction is against the rules. Unfortunately, core inspect is not sufficient to figure it out so this person has essentially gotten away with it.

Because of this, I believe that next season they should add some kind of log or command to be able to see who has warped to your island in the past day or so. I don't have a warp for people to visit, so obviously the only person who would've visited my island was the one who bottled me. I think a command like /is warplog would be pretty handy for dealing with this kind of thing - if nothing else it may help narrow the list of suspects.

What are your thoughts on something like this?

Xermes and BlockyBeach like this.
  2. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    hey! i don't think island warp logs should be a thing. you can always cover your grinder so no one can get in. you can also lock your island so no one can access your warp. adding this command would honestly be a waste of time for the admins - i think there are more important things that need to be added/fixed besides this.

also even if the logs were added, someone warping to your island doesn't necessarily mean that they obstructed your grinder - therefore it would be practically useless and wouldn't help with finding out who did that to your grinder.

if you see someone doing this to your grinder you can always record & report them, but I understand that you can't always do so.

3. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    There is currently no need to implement this command as you can change your /is perms for visitors and set it, where they're unable to drop items on your island as well as many other useful commands!

Incarnati0n_

4. Lxvely

Lxvely
    Yeah, that's how I've had my perms set. My guess is they TPA'd an alt with a full inventory and let them die from fall damage. Since there's no perm to stop that from happening I've just locked my island.

5. Ankh

Ankh
    How is warp logging going to find anything when they didn't get to your island through a warp? Why not just block off your hopper systems like Marbellaa mentioned.

6. boomrabbits_

boomrabbits_
    Hey Lxvely!

As people have mentioned in above posts, there are many solutions around this like blocking off your spawners with glass so there is no way to shovel them. This is what I did before I quit skyblock to go the prison and it worked perfectly since I did not have to worry about people filling your grinder. Personally I think the /is warplog would be useless and just a waste of time/space but doing some of the solutions can take time and might be annoying for yourself to have so whilst reading this post I had though of a better idea. Maybe you could get an item out of the chest and type a command to see who had last had the item. This can be a staff only thing or can also be used by players aswell. The command could be something like /is itemsee or /is itemlook (Something along those lines). I think this would be much better than having the command /is warplog because is players know this is in the game, they simply wouldn't go to your island if they were going to fill you hoppers. I have included an example of how it works below:

Player A:

*Fills your hoppers*

Player B (You):

Take an item out of the chest

Hold it in your hand

/is itemsee/itemlook

Chat: Last person to have this item: Player A

Please let me know what you think of this (:
    Have a great day/night!
    -boomrabbits_

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.