Is the Silverfish Dropping Emeralds a Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Superfight123, Apr 14, 2020.

?

Is the Silverfish Dropping Emeralds a Good Idea?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Superfight123

Superfight123
    For season 10, there is a new feature that silverfish spawners will be added and when killed, will drop emeralds. Though this spawner will most likely be more expensive than others or require more tokens, I feel that it is taking away the grind of levels for emeralds and makes it easier to get emeralds, especially because players can easily make an auto silverfish farm. I know you might say that the Zombie Pigmen are related but gold actually doesn't have a very high island level value. Please vote down below!

Dinojulie and BabyJuice like this.
  2. Astonished_

Hey Superfight123, to be honest, I would never see silverfish be a type of mob to drop emeralds. But that does sound very creative. I am down to anything that will make the game better, so why not? It sounds like an interesting and unique idea, but of course, we will never know what Alex Markey has up his sleeves.

3. BabyJuice

BabyJuice
    Hi there super!!
    I really like the idea on silverfish dropping emeralds by killing them by hand. This would make a change to the game play of sky block, because this could change the game play and people will find ways to farm silverfish in many cool ways, and this would make a big change in sky block overall, I really hope they add this into next season!

Jazmiin and Dinojulie like this.
  4. Nikki_

Nikki_
    Hey there!
    Personally I think the idea is quite unique and sounds great, however as Baby mentioned they should only be dropped when killed by hand, and/or not drop every kill. If a player has a mythical sword, they would only need one click, and if they are dropped every time, it would become far too overpowered. The only other issue I see with this is that it would make more people consider using auto clickers, which obviously would get them banned, but considering how good of a reward the player would get, it is far too risky. I would love to see this added to the next season, however, it would need to be thoroughly assessed.

Thanks,
    Nikki

5. HorsePoo

HorsePoo
    Hey super!
    I think this is a great idea! As it would be pretty OP, Baby's idea of only killing it by hand for the loot would make up for it. On top of that, they should also throw in silverfish spawners as a reward for ancient/myth keys.
    -HorsePoo

Dinojulie likes this.
  6. Dinojulie

DinoJulie
    I also agree with the manual killing! it'd still be grinding for it and we'd have another kind of grinding to do next to farming! :D sounds like a good idea to be fair :)

7. Jazmiin

Jazmiin
    Hey there!

I think this is a cool idea! Mining ores can be extremely boring at times, so this could possibly be another way to help level up your island. They would need to make some tweaks to it though. This way of obtaining emeralds can be overpowered, so as mentioned above, you should need to manually kill the silverfish in order to obtain the emeralds. I hope they take this into consideration for season 10!

- Jazmin

xUnkn0wn likes this.
  8. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hey Superfight123,

Whilst my suggestion is just a SUGGESTION, and doesn't mean it will be implemented:
    I do want to emphasises the balancing that would be taken place on it.
    If you read the suggestion, it suggests that the payback time of the spawner would be balanced around 2 months of the spawner for it to pay off its worth in emeralds.

This means the drop chance would be either very low, or the spawner would be very expensive. Either way, it would be designed to not be OP and well within its price range.

Issel likes this.
  9. Breazia

Breazia
    if this did happen emeralds would not be used for levels anymore and there would have to be a new way to gain levels other then diamonds and sponges so I don't see this happening.

10. xUnkn0wn

dontswear
    I think this would be a good idea but it would change a lot of things to do with gameplay. Either silverfish would be extremely expensive and for late game, and top island in particular, or they wouldn't use emerald blocks as a very effective level system.

I think this would still be a good and interesting idea though.

-Max

Jazmiin likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.