is it just me or

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by __dragonslayer, Nov 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __dragonslayer

the server and forums feel more alive...

2. ongti3 gbpt

yeah no the server is dead af

Departition_ likes this.
  3. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Its 'dead' because its that time of year where people are at school or busy with various things.
    Every server has a dip in activity around this time of year, even 5 years ago, same trend happens, its honestly nothing new.

Server activity will pick up again around December when the summer holidays roll around; and then pick up further as the new year rolls around. Same pattern, every year.

Funnel and Xermes like this.
  4. Ankh

Ankh
    bro

we're literally in the middle of a pandemic everyone is home

iluvu, rxme, Departition_ and 3 others like this.
  5. Morraaa

Nah 70% of the people still goes to school and colleges

6. Ankh

Ankh
    Was more of a joke, but mc in general has had a huge increase in players due to covid but mccentral is still losing players? Not strange at all.

Departition_ and Pxrge like this.
  7. Morraaa

Actually you'd be surprise that the age of players that makes mcc "great" was players above 18 yrs old and rn they still do play but now they have jobs and school and a life to get to at. Right now there r just young kids that plays but once december hits and new year comes, they will all come back. They always do. Mcc has been their home and always will be!

InsaneIsMyName likes this.
  8. Ankh

Ankh
    school has been going on since september and work has been going on since forever lmfao, how are you gonna say we got less players because of work and school, and also how tf is december going to bring them back. School ends in July and work ends never. Not that hard to just admit MCCentral is not what it used to be.

Departition_ and Unidentified like this.
  9. __dragonslayer

why do i always make a playersvsstaff when i make threads

10. Ankh

Ankh
    bc staff are such suck-offs and refuse to acknowledge the server's problems. But I guess you can't blame them, they gotta get promoted somehow.

iluvu, rxme, Departition_ and 3 others like this.
  11. Pxrge

Pxrge
    Minimodding for 2-4 months, sucking-off(as you said) to the higher staff, defending them when they can, liking their posts, and hitting people with the "have a nice day/night" is a pretty good tactic from what I've seen. It's actually insane how the application team allows these people to become staff when majority of the staff team can't even do a simple screenshare or take months maybe even years to ban a closet cheater such as SmurfJew until a regular player actually gets footage themselves. Ngl Alex is pretty smart for granting these egotistical dumbfucks staff because it's voluntary work, so he doesn't have to pay a cent towards them while he is just draining as much money as possible from Factions and other subservers. You probs already know all of this Ankh, but might as well just send out a reminder to anyone who reads dis of where the direction of this server is going.

Ahnxious, iluvu, Departition_ and 5 others like this.
  12. jemelina

jemelina
    Thing that might also affect, is that due to corona a lot of people have to take all the classes online. Honestly, if you stare at your screen 8+ hours a day just for school stuff it's pretty normal if you don't find the strength to stare screen more after that. And same if you need to work from home with your computer, eyes and back might scream for help at some point hehe.

Rokoman99 and Morraaa like this.
  13. Rokoman99

I definitely agree with you. Eyes are like a sponge, they soak up so much with online classes and cellular devices. Leaving little to no extra space for minecraft.

14. fedham

fedham
    please please please knock on wood bois

15. Rokoman99

Why?

16. ThiccBooty

ThiccBooty
    MCC could be losing 1 player a month and people would still say it's dying.

It's the MCC player count confirmation bias.

17. BlackAngusNoodle

BlackAngusNoodle
    honestly mcc is doing pretty well

SlavicSuperstar likes this.
  18. Jammy16

Jammy16
    Hello there! Iv played mcc for years and trust me this server isn't dying. Some people may quit the server but they always come back since the server is that good. When I joined like 3 years ago the people I used to play with they still play now and that what makes mcc so special. Also, I agree with what KierenBoal said about it depends on the time of year when the server is more populated because of the different factors such as school and stuff.

19. Ankh

Ankh
    For me at least, I don't come back because it's "that good", I come back because there's really nowhere else that's actually worth playing. Well for minigames like sg, at least. And I still have a little hope that minigames will finally get a well-deserved update. However I'm not stuck here at all. If any of these upcoming SG servers do catch some traction and start growing you can bet your ass I'll be gone from here. And I'm pretty sure at least a few people share this feeling. If MCC decides to hold off on updating for too long then it will be too late for them.

Literally the stupidest most ignorant argument you ever could have made.

20. Spiriten

Spiriten
    That is not how this works at all. Many people refuse to come on until a major update occurs as the server is barely changed and stale in its current state. In fact, I have been talking with a few ex-staff recently (will leave out names in case they ever want to come back) who have told me that MCC is not worth staffing as nothing they can do can make an impact or change it with how stale and boring the server is in its current state, with many saying a big minigame revamp could bring them back. If dedicated staff are even quitting due to a stale environment, saying they will only come back if there are big changes, this is not a server that will make people come back. Another thing, I have 56 pages of friends on MCC. Each page has 6 players. That's 336 people. I don't just from everyone either, this are all people who I had fun playing with or considered friends. On average, 3 pages (18 players) are online. Around the day, I would say maybe a total of 50 friends log on. The other ~280 I have not seen for months, even years for a some of them. I have been playing this server since late 2014, and most of the people who I can remember playing with and having fun with are now gone from the community. This server needs changes or more will quit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.