IP Bans

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by MCCentralBaby, Dec 19, 2019.

1. MCCentralBaby

FingerOnDaTrigga
    It’s nice to clean up the server and do my daily 10 reports I find it fun what I don’t like is getting the same people banned on alts I have been told ip bans are not given I understand vpns will be used but I bet we could cut some people using alts out of the server bye doing this Just a thought like if you agree.

2. FarisNyanNyan

FarisNyanNyan
    Heynya!

I don't like the idea of not allowing alts because first that would create a lot more work for staff by having them check for IPs all the time and second, people use alts for many things like AFKing. Removing that would affect a lot of stuff.

Seeyanya!

3. wafe

wafe
    Like you said, people would most likely use VPN's. This is also very unfair to players who AFK plots on survival/prison or islands in skyblock. (Just likely FarisNyanNyan said :D) People also use alt's to talk when their mains are muted. Also, I kinda had a lil trouble of understanding the idea but I'm guessing you said to IP ban players instead of just banning them? IP bans are also given out to a player who ban/mute evade.

Anyways have a great day!

FarisNyanNyan and MCCentralBaby like this.
  4. MCCentralBaby

FingerOnDaTrigga
    That’s great to here thanks for clearing that up for me

5. MCCentralBaby

FingerOnDaTrigga
    Ip bans would only affect cheaters you would still be able to afk with alts

AtomicBlack likes this.
  6. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

I think people misunderstood your point. His point was to IPBan cheaters and we do. If an IP has 2+ accounts banned, we issue a permanent IP ban. However, you can tell they are not as effective because of VPNs or the person can just change their IP.

The only way I see the alt problem getting fixed is if Mojang attempted to stop this by adding extra login security for Minecraft accounts

FarisNyanNyan likes this.
  7. MCCentralBaby

FingerOnDaTrigga
    I don't think Mojang will do that

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.