IP BAN

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by ypalmeirensey, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ypalmeirensey

It is not from 2020 that mc central is full of hackers! The solution is banning IP them. Right now, you guys take sooo long to ban them, and when ban, they just come in an alt and continue hacking, the first time someone is cought cheating IP ban them, this the same structure as now a days. IP ban 30 days first time - 60 days second time and permanent third time. otherwise the server will continue full of hackers, the only players you are loosing by doing this are hackers that dont deserve to play in mccentral! please contribute to this forum, lets get it to alex markey. no more dying to hackers in the server!

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hello! most hackers do end up ip banned due to ban evading. the ip ban rule for ban evading is if you have 1 existing account banned for certain punishments (that can be any sev3 gameplay, sev2&sev3 client, and insiding), and you break another one of those rules, the player would get ip banned. a lot of hackers do tend to get on alts, but not all. as backwards as mcc rules seem. I think the way it is now works fair. MCC allows players to use alts if they were hacking for legit players since sometimes there things like compromised accs n such.
    what you described for the ban time, is the same time as the already existing severity 3 client ban times, except it’s not an ip ban.
    I don’t think ip banning hackers will change the hacker problem since players can easily use vpns. mcc has a system where it can detect players/hackers who are ban evading, i’m not sure if it’s up 24/7 but i’ve heard it’s super useful especially when senior moderators aren’t always on to ip ban.

this kinda goes abasing what you’re suggesting, and as frustrating as the hackers are, i think the punishment system is fair enough.
    have a good day

mxbel and HeckTheThicc like this.
  3. ypalmeirensey

if not this suggestion, please carefully check and analyse my gladiator suggestion that I acutally think it can work out really good!

4. HeckTheThicc

HeckTheThicc
    Going off of what puposaurus said, most hackers get IP banned for ban evading at the end of the day. Also, what do you mean it takes sooo long to ban them? Not every staff member is on the Reports team and they can't always check your report 1 min after you sent it. Other people sent out reports before you and you need to wait till a staff member is available. MCC is currently working on an Anti-Cheat.

5. ypalmeirensey

AstrakHeck, my point is that when I, for example, play skywars, sometimes it comes like 3 matches in a row with the same hacker. a /report would help sooo mucj, staff could just see the report, teleport to the play and ban them

6. puposaurus

puposaurus
    adding a “/report” feature has been brought up many times, and discussed a few times in the past w/ higher ups and nobody(as in those higher ups) agreed on that. The” /report” command would be one more thing for staff to worry about. it honestly would just waste staff’s time since not everyone knows that hacks look like, and there can be numerous amounts of false reports, along w/ fake/abuse of the system for reports. Reporting a hacker takes around 5 minutes and helps the community tons when you create a report ticket via forums. if that isn’t really how you roll, you can also join our community discord and name hackers for staff to spectate (this system sorta works like /report, but instead of using a command in game you use discord).

HeckTheThicc likes this.
  7. ypalmeirensey

Please check out my suggestion about gladiator event.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.