Im being scammed without even moving

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by CottonColt, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CottonColt

Hello mccentral,

I've been playing on the prison 1 realm for a little over a week, I've even invested some of my own money into the server such as a rank and crate keys. I really really like the server. Yesterday someone told me they needed help, I usually help players out so I figured I once again would. He later explained how he had been scammed and I went onto say that I as well have been scammed multiple times on the server. He told me I should set up a sign to "find out how the scam works" I followed his instructions as I thought I was helping him. Eventually, he managed to get two signs making it look like I was the scammer on the signs. I told him to delete the signs and I no longer wanted to help him. He proceeded to untrust me from the plot and deny me from it pretending as if it was a glitch. After going back and forth for minutes he allowed me into the plot again and told me "it was working again" and I was able to delete the two signs he told me to write. Ever since that, I have been losing almost every penny I make. I was online yesterday and lost the 6.5 mil I had in my account. My friend tried to help by giving me 1 mil and seeing if it disappeared and nothing happened. I logged back onto prison today and of course, I had lost the 1 mil I was given yesterday and once again now have 17.5 k to my name. Ive gotten extremely annoyed with this because I do really really like the server and have used my own money to support it. It's probably useful for you to know that I also have not bought anything or sold anything in my shop, I haven't done recent coin flips since the problem occurred and I haven't put anything up on /ah. I have no idea how he is managing to take my money even with me offline or orline, and without me even knowing it. Ive asked if mods are online and no one ever answers. Please let me know whats going on or if someone can help me because as of right now the server is unplayable and I will just contuine to lose the money I earn no matter what I do. I also took screenshots of what I believe to be a scam of when he told me to write down signs. I have his name and the people he shares a plot with if that is helpful with finding out what is happening. Please help. -CottonColt

2. Kane

Kane
    Hey there!

Can you please provide us with the name so we can destroy the sign at his plot? In the meantime, I would suggest withdrawing all your money (/withdraw [amount]) to prevent further money loss.

3. CottonColt

Im not sure if there are any signs in his plot anymore, maybe he is hiding them somewhere else, I know he also shares this specific plot with two others since they are on his trusted list.

The name of the guy that told me to write the signs yesterday is R3dS3M3, and the other two he shares the plot with who I know also scam are ItzBlacKBaT0o_ and Ryeetannn. I have some screenshots of what happened if that can also be helpful. Thank you. - CottonColt

4. CottonColt

Please update me and let me know if you find any signs maybe hidden around his plot, I'm not even sure if there are any signs left. All I know is that no matter if I'm online or offline I lose millions, I don't know what else I can do, I also run a shop on the server and need to have money in my account to let people buy or purchase things, I really hope to sort out the issue whether its hidden signs or an actual problem with my account. Please keep me updated, thanks :) - CottonColt

5. Kane

Kane
    Hey there!

I searched throughout the plots you mentioned, but I could not find any sign that has your name in it. Please find it and then PM me or PM any other staff member.

6. CottonColt

Could there maybe be any other problem that is occurring? I'm just upset and annoyed that no matter how much I manage to make, it would be impossible to continue playing like this :( I just lose it all. Is there maybe a way to find out where my money is going? or maybe reset my funds?

7. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Hello there Cottoncolt,

I have also looked through the mentioned players plots and have only found other scam signs, none without your name. However, I was not able to get access to Ryeetannn's first plot. Kane are you able to go to plots which people deny everyone from?

Also as a tipCottoncolt, I would suggest doing what Kane said about doing /withdraw every so often so that you know your money is safe.
    Another thing I would suggest is, look through the screenshots and if you are able to find the plot name/coordinates, post them here or tell another higher up staff member to go take a look at their plots.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that anyone else can help you with currently. Also do you have any idea of what you wrote on the sign?

Thanks, Olli​

8. CottonColt

All that I currently have is a screenshot of being in the plot and when I did /p info. Is there a way to retrace where my money is going to when it leaves my account? I'm not even 100% that the scammer was the problem, it might be a server problem? I'm not sure, but even when I go offline I lose money. Pinfo.png

9. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Hello there Cottoncolt,

I have checked out this plot again and so far I am unable to see any signs that are linked to you. I only see a few different scam signs with the plot owner and Ryeetannn's name. You will probably have to speak to a higher-up staff member to see if this is a server-side issue. The only suggestion would be to /withdraw your balance as Kane and I have said before

Sorry I couldn't help further currently with this issue. Enjoy your day

Thanks, Olli​

10. CottonColt

Thanks, Olli, is there any way you recommend me to get in touch with a higher-up staff member? Mods seem to never be online, I have asked for help previously and no one ever responds. Please let me know how I can get in contact with someone, Thanks for your time and effort in trying to help I really appreciate it :D - CottonColt

11. Kane

Kane
    Hey there!

The sign was removed (by SilentWhispers). Have a nice day :)

#11 Kane, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    r3spawned likes this.
  12. CottonColt

Thanks a lot Kane I really appreciate all of your help (and SilentWhispers) :D

r3spawned likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.