Idea for Boosters

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Atohmic, Aug 24, 2021.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    94.4%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Atohmic

Atohmic
    Hello, so first off I don't know how complicated this sounds or not but with the recent prison release and me playing. When there is a market x2 booster nobody wants to waste the time to type in chat and say how much longer the booster is. I thought that if we add something that has a time keep in chat (or a count down somewhere on screen) like "10 minutes left" or "5 minutes left" I don't know but it would help some people with keeping track of time. Let me know if this should be added or not. Let me know below if this would help out with knowing when to sell and how much time is left.

2. DarkBeastPro

DarkBeastPro
    Hi Atohmic :3

i think this is perfect since you dont need to stop mining to know when the booster is ending, by either asking in chat or doing /booster. one idea you could add to is a message in chat that happens whenever you log on and there are boosters active. It could be something simple like "There Are ___ Boosters Active". I usually don't know that boosters are active when i log on until someone says in chat to /tip, so this could be helpful so people would know if a booster is active, so they can tip to say thanks. I know there's already a message at spawn above the ranks thing, but most people don't even go over there. They log on, then go directly to the mines, so this would be helpful because it would notify them no matter where they are.

3. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    This would be extremely helpful - along with @DarkBeastPro 's suggestion, if there was a timer at spawn over the ranks wall when boosters appear. Also showing the type of booster on.

Atohmic and Yukihira like this.
  4. luvbri

luvbri
    Hey there Atohmic, thanks for creating this thread today.

This would be a great addition to the server, but if multiple boosters are on it can potentially flood the chat. What I would suggest is creating a toggleable message like for instance if someone typed "/togglebooster" it would toggle off the messages for booster timers. Just so not everyone is affected by them, just like how it is with shop notifications etc.

I think that since the iron bar icon for Prison doesn't have an enchanted glint to it anymore since there is only 1 Prison server, I think also having a message pop up in chat listing "There are _ boosters activated." just like what @DarkBeastPro has tremendously suggested upon warping into the subserver would not be the worst idea. (Good job Kan :D)

This would be handy for miners, and also other people too. Would make QOL better too :)

Nicely done Atohmic!

5. ray01

ray01
    I am 100% with this idea. I feel if we had it like the beacon thing tell us what we have could also be good for everyone and its easy to code for the owners. Im happy you made this post and people made suggestions. Lets try to make prison better! Also another suggestion is having a head on p warps telling you what that warp has upgraded so people dont need to do /pmine upgrades. Just another small suggestion

Atohmic, luvbri and BlockyBeach like this.
  6. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    The warps do have levels and percentages when you hover over them in pmine list, but this will be very helpful :D

Atohmic and luvbri like this.
  7. Rainbow_Pug_1000

Rainbow_Pug_1000
    I'm with the idea! If the owner/staff added this, it would mean a lot for us :D

Atohmic, BlockyBeach and luvbri like this.
  8. Deesal

Deesal
    Hi Atohmic,

I think this would be a great idea to add into Prison as I always have to rely on others in chat, my gang chat or manually doing /booster to check for the time to make sure I sell before the end of the booster.

I believe good times to notify would be 10mins, 1min and 10 seconds to allow players to have enough time to sell.

+1 on this idea :D

- Deesal

9. Zac25zac

Zac25zac
    I agree with what you said as in it may flood the chat with multiple boosters, I was thinking a boss bar at the top where you would normally see the Ender Dragon or Wither in vanilla minecraft.With multiple boosters it can switch between each instead of having 4 boss bars and each booster can have a different color.

10. Deesal

Deesal
    To be honest, I think this should only apply for x2 Market Booster, the rest of the boosters don't really need a timer for.

Also to add onto this idea, I was thinking maybe it could just be a list on the scoreboard and switch from stats to booster timers every so often to show the times there instead.

Atohmic likes this.
  11. Rainbow_Pug_1000

Rainbow_Pug_1000
    i think it should apply to all of the boosters tbh

Atohmic and Yukihira like this.
  12. luvbri

luvbri
    All the boosters, varied in reactions and benefits, are key parts of the server & people have paid IRL money for these to be active. I believe that all boosters would deserve something like that to occur. I think just a little popup in chat wouldn’t hurt. As long as it’s toggleable.

Keep up the good responses everyone.

Atohmic likes this.
  13. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    Yes, any automated message (also including the voting villager's one) must be toggleable otherwise you end up with a situation where it spams you every minute as is happening now.

Atohmic and luvbri like this.
  14. Deesal

Deesal
    As a long-time player, I'm saying that at least the x2 Market Booster should receive a message due to the fact that it is a time-sensitive booster for people with sell shops to sell them quickly as well as people mining to sell within time.

For the other boosters, Pickaxe EXP, x2 Token Booster are both not time-sensitive in the fact that players don't really have a reason to keep a timer on how long remaining there is as there isn't anything you would need to do before it. Charity time is kind of negligible as its free money and PvP Booster is pretty much never used or valued at all.

I agree that it should be a toggleable notification, maybe /togglebooster or something along those lines, but my main point here is that x2 Market Booster is the main benefit of the idea, I understand the recognition of others putting the other boosters on, but if anything gets added, I would strongly suggest Market only. That's just my opinion but I'm pretty sure other eco players would agree.

Atohmic and Rainbow_Pug_1000 like this.
  15. Draecotic

Draecotic
    I love the idea of adding a way to keep track of the active boosters so no one has to check and waste time. Anyone throw out the idea of the boss bar showing how much time is left? It would avoid chat possibly being flooded constantly by booster updates and a new command wouldn't have to be added. It's also convenient because you wouldn't have to constantly look in chat to see when the booster is up.

Atohmic, luvbri and BlockyBeach like this.
  16. AimeaWasFaked

MorbiusWasFaked
    I really liked the idea, very good Atohmic, you rock, and I don't think it would take a lot of time from the superiors as owners and admins to create this timer

[Immortal] JeffBezosXD

17. NineTurtles

MoriarInvictus
    This is an excellent idea! Even something as simple as typing /booster to check the time on remaining boosters would be incredibly helpful.

Rainbow_Pug_1000 likes this.
  18. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    This is already a thing, I believe (you can do /booster and hover over the boosters to show the time remaining/when it was last activated).

Zac25zac and Rainbow_Pug_1000 like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.