I think its time we talk about Arena

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by JakeOnPc, Apr 13, 2021.

1. JakeOnPc

GamingsFinest
    What's poppin
    I currently rank Arena as the worst sub-server on MCC, and let me remind you kitpvp still exists! I just wanna state what I personally feel is wrong with Arena.

1. Hit registration. Let's be real, for many players the hits feel delayed, Im not really sure what caused this but personally, it makes the game unplayable for me, I struggle to combo people as it is. I hope there is an easy fix for this, I can't be the only one who notices the hits?
    2. Duel maps not being implemented to arena. When the new duel maps were added, was I the only one who was confused that they weren't added to arena, I feel like new context is always an absolute win.
    3. People just don't play the subserver. Arena is mainly only used for tournaments hosted by CE or before a uhc game, allowing players to "warm-up". This is mainly because other servers exist that are made just for arena. Its got to the point now where players will go on those servers to warm up for uhc instead of MCC, which is a real shame.
    4. Jumper, instakill, gearless, and dizzy should all be options on Arena, the dueling system is far superior to arena right now, you can pick the maps, extra duel modes and better hit reg. Implement this into Arena please
    I understand other areas of the server are being worked on right now, and the boss man is busy with the much-needed minigames revamp, I just hope arena can get a little fix in the upcoming months to fix hits so we can enjoy pvping on there once again.

BlockyBeach, AZXG, Chilo_ and 7 others like this.
  2. GoodBanter

GoodBanter
    Hi Jake,

I completely agree with you, hits feel really weird on Arena and I also hope it gets looked into. Id really like to see new maps added to Arena. I'm not sure how I feel about dizzy being added to Arena though.

Good post, +1 on fixing hits!

PorkChcp and JakeOnPc like this.
  3. micunmuted

PLARPS
    I agree. The hit reg is really bad and also no one really goes on it for that reason. Like you said, they go on for "warmups" when there is a billion other servers with 10x the players that you can practice on. it would be nice if they fix it. I only really see 3 or 5 people on there if they are bored and warming up. +1 for me. Good suggestion, good thread.

4. 10sec

10sec
    Hey JakeOnPc!

Yes, I do agree with all your points above, and I'm in complete concordance with all the ideas and that they should all be improved.

Adding to what you suggested, I believe it would be quite nice to also have customizable duels, in which you could choose everything you wanted to have on that specific duel, ranging from the armor (whether it is a full set of diamond, iron, chain, gold or leather; or even mixed), swords, as well as any extra items you might want to have. Enchantments would also be included.

The other thing which would actually be cool is to add different duels, rather than on arena pvp, like a survival games deathmatch, a skywars 1v1 duel, or even an UHC deathmatch.

These are all hypothetical situations, however, I think they'd be good implementations to the server!

Have a lovely day.

#4 10sec, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Dionnysus likes this.
  5. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Hey Daddy.

In my opinion the
    Duel Wagers are more how I would like to see ArenaPvP, but at the same time they make arena seem useless. Why should we focus on arena if we already have something better what is also played more often.

Here is an idea I think is more sufficient and more interesting. By getting rid of Arena PvP all together and expanding duelwagers

• Make a custom GUI for duel-wagers (accesible by /duels in all subservers we have duel-wagers on)
    • Add global ranking system for duel-wagers
    • Add Kit editor to the GUI
    • Add custom team duels (fun for clans/gangs/islands)
    Improving duel wagers would seem way more efficient then trying to safe a subserver that would die pretty fast after it gets revamped. And therefore is a lot of time wasted. Also it would improve profitable subservers. And arenaPvP is just not a profitable server.
    *insert overused joke of mccentral and money*

While some would argue that duel-wagers
    isn't better then arena because they might have really weird KB or lag on it. I never have experienced any bugs, hits not regestering, or getting kicked for clicking to fast on duel-wagers.

Wondering if some would think if this is a good or bad idea and why. Or if you would add/remove some ideas.

The ideas listed above are simply a concept of what could be an alternate way to have more interesting duels on the server.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.