How To Rate Builds The Right Way

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lincon, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lincon

n recent times I've come across valuable insight and well-worded approaches from creators and viewers alike. I wanted to make this post in reference to any feedback, critique or tips people wish to give to anybody for certain topics: Instead of beginning a sentence with 'You should', try out 'You could'. Don't tell someone how to do something, but rather inform them that there are more ways they could do something. Give them a choice. People should not feel like they have to do something to make you happy. They'll be more open to your feedback and more willing to accept it if it's insightful. For critique; Don't just say 'I hate this' or 'this is bad'. It does nothing except bring a person down. It's bullying and can hurt the passion of others. Why do it? Say 'why' you're not fond of it and how you believe they could improve. From here, reference back to 'you could try this' not just 'do it this way, it's better'. While you do this, don't say 'I hate this because of this'. Rather go 'hey! I think this could be improved by doing [this] if you wanted to give it a shot' for example. Everything is subjective and down to personal preference. I see a lot of artists, creators and individuals in general putting people down with negative wording quite often, and when questioned, they do not see how negatively it comes across. A small change of wording can go a long way for the mental health and passion of others. Do you guys experience this? Did you gain any insight from this post from realising you tell people to do things rather than suggest? What are your thoughts? I'd love to create a discussion on the topic! I've also realised the wording of this almost sounds ironic as it's a bunch of 'do's and don't's', but I thought in this context it works, haha. Different situations call for different approaches!
    https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.