Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

How To “Fix” McCentral

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saboru_, May 27, 2020.

1. Saboru_

Saboru_
    Hey guys! without a doubt Minecraft Central was definitely one of the best servers out there. Unfortunately over the years it has fallen into the shadows of bigger servers and most of their player base are loyal “OG” players. Anyways after reading Alex’s Skyblock Season 10 Revamp thread post. It got me thinking maybe MCCentral can make a come back and finally get the spotlight it deserves.

I was thinking of creating a video of compiling all the ideas/fixes the community has to really get McCentral back to where it’s peak times were. Obviously we all know get a better Anti-Cheat is a given so any other not so obvious ideas/fixes are appreciated. All I’ll be doing is compiling it into a video for the entire public to see. Ultimately it’s up to Alex and Vislo to implement any of these but I guess it’s good to do our part...

AZXG and Issel like this.
  2. UrBorinq

UrBorinq
    Hey, Saboru_
    I really like the idea of playing on MCC for years and really understanding the community I feel like the Mc-central has its ups and downs but I so happy to see that so many people are taking part in the MCC discord and forums to help the server better and get even bigger. MCC is still one of the tops played server there is and always will be probably, Yeah there will always be things that need to change but all servers have that after a will. And with the idea about the video I feel like the whole community has helped to make the server bigger and better but if it was not for staff I don't think we would be here a big thanks to all the staff for making the server where it is and making it better moving forward I do like the idea where you show the changes to it gives an understanding on how much has changed but again it a little bit private.
    Thanks-
    UrBorinq

3. TheMythicalGames

TheMythicalGames
    I definitely agree and want this server to thrive like the rest. This server is able to become more. I've been a member for years now and seen this server at a steady pace but I think that with a little hard work from the community and the staff team we can make this server one of the top servers in all of Minecraft!

4. Ankh

Ankh
    Like mentioned, anticheat would be a good start. After that they really need to revamp the minigames, they all have their issues. Especially on SG and Skywars enchants are way too overpowered. And I would like to see the introduction of actual chest tiering to SG, instead of just RNG.

yungjunior, forgranted and Dionnysus like this.
  5. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    I think it's a great idea to bring attention to server suggestions and improvements through creating a video! Some of the most prominent suggestions I've seen on the forums, besides discussion of a new AntiCheat, include new perks/abilities for minigames (ex: adding perks to Murder Mayhem), making Cosmetic Keys easier to open (ex: /key), and toggling explosive arrows in Skywars. These are just a few ideas that come to my mind immediately, but I'm sure with a little browsing on the Server Suggestions section, you'll be able to find dozens of feasible suggestions to implement on the server. With a bit of humor added, I feel that this video will be super helpful to highlight some of the most popular ideas that players have. Can't wait to watch it!

6. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Hey Saboru!
    Nice you're making a video like this, especially since you found it a bit hard to come up with ideas for new vids/series. I think this will make an interesting video!

I'd like to start by saying that I think the server is pretty cool the way it is right now. But ofcourse nothing is perfect... well except for me then. I think Alex and Vislo are the ones who know what the server needs best. they kept the server running for a long time now and I am more then confident that they will keep the server running for an even longer period of time!

Now the things that I think can be improved or fixed.

New Players: I think the best way to keep new players in the server is to make everything as 'approachable' as possible. Ofcourse the resets help with this alot! and making a (sub)server more approachable shouldn't have a negative effect on the gameplay. a solution for this could be adding more features to the cheaper ranks (Coal, Iron and Gold).

Maps: I think MCCentral has awesome maps on all minigames. But there are also some questionable maps. Not only do some maps have Gameplay issues (Land of bones and Astroid field in CTF for example). But also in design. Some maps are really flat and poorly looking. I do think all of those maps are quite nostalgic to the 'OG' players. but they could be reformed/replaced by maps that are not only better in desgin but also in gameplay.

Rules: A big thing that scares of new players could be (I'm not quite sure if it is) the toxcicity that comes with the chat sometimes. I've never really had a problem with toxic players since I would just /ignore them or just not pay attention to chat at all, but I think the rule Abuse of Another User/Disrespect should be warned more often and maybe punished more often aswell. Ofcourse I know staff spend hours of time reading CR's and ForumReports and I think they are doing a great job at it!

I am excited to see how your video will turn out Saboru! Enjoy the rest of your day/night
    Kind Regards,

-WallMart Shawnmendes

7. yungjunior

Famouser
    I totally agree with your idea of a video, I feel like a serious dedicated video will affect the staff's thoughts more than biased complaints on the forums (which I'm guilty of, sadly :sweatsmile:). MCC is definitely in it's own league. I think its only of the easiest servers to get into as other servers like Hypixel and Mineplex seriously overwhelm you with different systems and perks which you receive from minigames. It definitely deserves the shine it had around '15 and '16 ('17 and onwards is really just a tragedy tale). Some of the decline can be put to Minecraft itself dying. However when Minecraft was popularised by PewDiePie and other creators in late 2019 there wasn't really a major change in this server's popularity.

It really is down to the Owners to apply these suggestions, as the people playing his server and making him money should be given what they want. There are some technical complications which I won't go deeper into since I know nothing about it. But back to the original point I think a video compiling all the suggestions would benefit the server greatly. I hope that a member of staff viewing this can make sure Alex or Vislo see this video when/if it already is put out. I would really love to see this server return to it's best.

Have a great rest of your day/night!

8. Prismane

Prismane
    I would love to see this video happen. I have been a player of MCC for a while now, and I know there are some things that can for sure help improve the server. I would love this server to become one of the tops!.

9. LargePear

Sounds cool

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.