How many blocks we should break to be Griefer?

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by KRYGT, Dec 7, 2019.

1. KRYGT

(English is not my native, sorry for misspells)

Hi there,

I have an island with 3 layers/levels.
    I got griefed like a hour ago by a rookie named Haltix.
    I hired him to help me planting seeds at first layer.

5 minutes later I decided to check what he is doing. And Tried to find him in my 200x200 island.
    And Caught him at 2nd layer nearby my chest room and mob spawners. There is no way to reach there except fly.

He was broken blocks and placing clays to get up and he also DAMAGED WALLS to reach spawners. I caught him while he was doing it and Expelled from Island.

I waited for a staff to report him and then KierenBoal came. I told him the situation and showoed the blocks.

He said HE WON'T BAN HIM, BECAUSE OF SUCH SMALL DAMAGE. It's just 5 stone bricks.
    As we all know when you lose your items, blocks staff don't replace them. So should I wait till I get totally griefed? Maybe better I had to wait.

I will show you the way where the blocks was going and how he reached that.

Also I pm'ed Haltix (the griefer) *how dare you to grief me?* and he replied *how dare you to slave me* you guys can check chatlogs.

One of the heights he built to go up.

[​IMG]

Few Blocks He Break and Please Check Where the way goes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Chest Room, there was no stone bricks front of them and all had item frames. So he opened the chests.

[​IMG]

Another place he opened a hole to go up, I had to remove clays. But can be checked from staff.

[​IMG]

I repeat. I caught him while breaking them, I expelled him before it too late and asked *how dare you to grief me?* and he replied *how dare you to slave me?*

So, next time should I wait till I get totally griefed to report someone else?

Please tell me now, how big should be the damage to be a griefer?

2. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    KRYGT,

I already told you, I won't be banning him.
    I checked your chests, nothing was taken.
    Spawners are protected, so that's not a problem either.

You cooped the guy, and he broke some blocks.
    Had he done anything that was actual damage, I'd most definitely ban him.
    I already banned a player this morning due to him stealing HoloSkulls.

As a Senior Staff, I do have the ability to look into and modify players enderchests and inventories.
    As such, 95% of the greifing cases I've been involved with, I have managed to recover the stolen items, and spent many of my hours finding and recovering items.

In this case, the player removed a few blocks.
    You cooped him to your island, understanding the consequences of having them on your island. They didn't cause any 'greif' in the removal of a few blocks. Had they done anything of greif, such as placing lava, or actually starting to knock down structures, I'd have gladly banned them.
    In this case, they broke a few blocks.

I don't share the belief of banning for the sake of banning. If I felt the player was in the wrong and deserved a ban, I'd 100% ban them.

3. Saboru_

Saboru_
    KRYGT,

I agree with you. But I don't think he should receive a permanent ban but be punished in some sort of way to let him learn a lesson that this sort of behavior is punishable. For instance, a hypothetical scenario If someone was to rob a bank and only got their hands on $10 when they had the intention of taking much much more. But because he only robbed $10 he gets to go free without punishment? I understand Kieren's perspective that because he only broke 5 blocks before been caught seems minor but his intention is clearly to steal blocks/spawners regardless if it's not possible to mine spawners.

EDIT:
    Griefing
    "Purposely destroying the builds of other users or stealing items without permission."
    This quote is taken straight from this website's rules tab.

"Purposely destroying the builds of other users" no matter how small or big the user did break the builds of KRYGT. Again I don't think he should be punished permanently as he may not have known that it was against the rules but some sort of punishment must be made

KRYGT likes this.
  4. KRYGT

Think about Saboru_'s example.
    Also you telling me I co-oped him. with this logic, you guys shouldn't ban any of us. Because you guys advertised and promoted this server on minecraft server lists to make us join.

You still wrong Kieren.

In this server a week ago a friend of mine wrote <I'm bored of skyblock already> I replied <Do alt+f4 then> and I got banned.

5. puposaurus

puposaurus
    heyo! imo, i think kieren explained it to you p well on your situation. but, like. from those screenshots that isn’t griefing, and a few blocks and one quick block piller is kinda petty in a way to create a whole forums post n’ wotnot after a staff had core inspected chests n’ such for you. from kieren’s reply, it seems that nothing had been taken from you, which is kinda jus’ another reason to not cal it griefing at all.

as well as, for saboru’s “scenario”:
    from what is being described in this post, this doesn’t even compare to someone robbing a bank as barely any damage would be considered to be done. it’s more like if someone steals a bunch of pens from a bank. yeh, they hurt the bank in a small way, but it’s still quite easy to repair and you wouldn’t necessarily get punished or thrown into jail for that, you’d most likely just be told verbally that that’s not cool to do.

and and. sir.
    firstly, saying what you had said is literally an example in the rules. so... :flooshed: then also, this is starting to sound repetitive now, but a few petty blocks broken isn’t griefing.. it is annoying and kinda a pain to fill in the blocks if you don’t know where they were, i get that; however, it’s not griefing or stealing or whatever.

anywyas. have a great day uwu

6. Saboru_

Saboru_
    Pens, Money, Paperclips It doesn't matter stealing is stealing and griefing is griefing. no matter big or small. In this case, I am talking about the initial intention not what has been done but the intention of doing so. Was KRYGT suppose to just stand there and record all his stuff been taken before expelling/uncooping him? Just so he can get the rookie banned? I don't think so. Like you said, "you’d most likely just be told verbally that that’s not cool to do." To my knowledge, I don't think Haltix even got an official warning from staff. I understand that you have trouble seeing our perspective, You see the overall damage done but we see what could have been done if KRYGT hasn't stopped him in time.

Haltix's Punishment History: https://mccentral.org/bans/?username=Haltix

FYI: I don't even know KRYGT but seeing this kind of behavior slide is very unjust and shows how lenient MCC is with their rules.

Edit: I talked to Timppali in-game and I now understand that griefing on this server is only taken action if something is stolen or major damage to a structure. Maybe Kieren gave him a verbal warning but I guess no harm was done In the end hopefully he won’t do anything severe in the future :)

#6 Saboru_, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    KRYGT likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.