How are y'all feeling about the crazy amount of hackers/cheaters online recently?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FishyPrincess, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Departition_

2. Ankh

Ankh
    I'd like to correct your first statement; the large influx of hackers has a lot to do with both the staff and the anticheat alike. While there are a lot of staff (50), how many of them actively play minigames daily? Not a lot. I can definitely say in the last few months of playing that I have maybe seen 10-20 percent of these staff playing SG. Over a period of a few months. That is very bad. And no it's not just because they're not talking - I'm still very well updated on the changes made to the staff listing, and I try to remember all the staff names. The issue is that they don't play these minigames in the first place.

Though the AntiCheat is equally at fault here. Especially in minigames, it is utterly useless. You say that the AntiCheat works for most hacks, but to me this just tells me that you rarely ever play minigames. The AntiCheat blocks absolutely nothing; there's people who are easily using 6 block killaura without any restrictions. And, in the rare case you do get them low, they can just speed/fly away, because that isn't blocked either. Even just a few days ago I had someone who was using TPAura on me in water (as in, every time they went to hit me they would teleport to right in front of me). It's bad enough that the anticheat is useless, but then people like you have the audacity to come on here and say they have a good AntiCheat. That's just rubbing salt in the wound. Do I need to bring up my videos I made of people using these, or should I go out and get more right now? I guarantee you I will find at least 4 people using a hacked client within the first half hour of playing.

Also, I disagree with what you said about MCC not being targeted; it is being targeted, solely because of the utter garbage AntiCheat. Literally anyone can go on WizardHax and download any random client. It's like playing with a hacked client in Singleplayer, absolutely nothing is blocked. It's as if the AntiCheat isn't even there. Which is why hackers flock to this server and push out the legitimate players. They're pretty much free to do whatever the hell they want on here, without any limitations.

Yes, bigger servers are constantly flooded with hackers, which is why they all have a decent anticheat, with a developer team to update and maintain it (of course Mineplex is an exception - has almost as bad an AntiCheat as MCC and they get just as much sass for it). The Owners have done nothing but screw themselves over by making all these stupid decisions, like disbanding the dev team. While I can see their reasoning behind why they did it, there are plenty of ways that the issue they had could have been recovered, or prevented before it even happened. There should have never been a need to remove the one team on the server that was solely responsible for updating and maintaining the backbone of the network. Which is also why I can't fully blame you either. It's the owners' faults for neglecting these fields. I mean, it's been over 5 years and they STILL haven't even made a way to teleport into ongoing minigames.

Honestly though, while I do care an awful lot abou the server, these issues don't bother me too much; because at the end of the day, it just doesn't matter. If the server sucks then players will go elsewhere. And they are, as we've seen in the massive loss of average playerbase and the owners now needing to rely on spoofed player counts just to stay over 1000 online (and the game is more popular than ever now, so you can no longer use the game "dying" as an excuse). But when you come on and try to tell the few players that decided to stick around, through thick and thin, that everything is fine the way it is, that's just insulting to everyone who stayed loyal. No offence, but this mindset is the exact reason why MCCentral is dying.

3. SweOres

sweprogamerXD
    I feel depressed and angry about it

4. Assistant

Assistant
    For the amount of time that I have been playing this server, there are still about the same amount of hackers on everyday just as much as 6 years ago. On any server there will always be a large amount of hackers, it's just the truth. There's really no possible way to make sure that the server is always hacker free since no Anti cheat system in this world is perfect, and staff also have lives, just like us. What it really comes down to is the community being able to report these hackers so when staff aren't on, they can at least do the reports on hackers they haven't caught. So i'd say yes, of course it's a problem, but unless someone can find a staff member that can be on 24/7 or make the world's most perfect anti-cheat, I think we will just have to deal with it.

SweOres likes this.
  5. JonesSniper

JonesSniper
    I liked your post that is very rare from me. First of all the diff are great, they all work so hard on so many levels. 2nd there needs to be anti cheat fast before the player base form going up goes down.

Have a wonderful week

~Jones

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.