Hide Skins and Names in /warp Boss

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by CosmicGayta, Jan 14, 2020.

?

Should a players identity be concealed in the boss area?

1. Yes

70.0%
  2. No

30.0%
  1. CosmicGayta

Hello skyblock community, after some thinking (and suffering) I have determined that the current boss fight system is unfair and should be modified so that players names / identities are concealed, much like how LMS's identity masking currently functions. The reason this should be implemented is because under the current system it is very easy for players to single you out whether for personal reasons or due to your progress on the boss, making the experience potentially miserable for players that are in disputes or ones the community knows are likely to be in competition for the reward (higher skill than most). Thank you for reading my suggestion, please comment your thoughts down below!

__dragonslayer and EBallan like this.
  2. FarisNyanNyan

FarisNyanNyan
    Heynya!

Haha! I know the feeling of getting targeted very well. I do win a lot of boss battles so people who play boss already know all my alt accounts and target me. This sounds like a great idea! But I think there should be a possibility for other people to make a comeback, so maybe the player who is leading will be the only one to be revealed. The way bosses run is definitely annoying and just incentivize bringing a load of people to help you.

Byebyenya!

3. Zebra

Hey LovelyMonkey!

I 100% agree with your idea because the idea of boss is to go for the boss, not help others win and target people. This is really annoying for people/pvpers that are just trying to fight the boss and people are just constantly targeting them and killing them. I hope staff see this post and take it into consideration!

4. Minninq

Minninq
    Honestly boss fights are about pvp and the boss I think its fun to kill people in the boss areas I go to a few but not as much as most people. But I never go for the boss in general I always love to pvp there because its a lot of people to pvp with. Personal opinion the targeting etc. is apart of the experience in general it can be difficult but thats the way it's meant to be. So a no from me for the reasons stated.

AyeItsBeck likes this.
  5. AyeItsBeck

AyeItsBeck
    I agree with Minninq above, part of the fun of boss battles is being able to target players. It seems counter-intuitive for the scoreboard to say who is in the lead with the most boss damage, but you not be able to know who they are due to not being able to see their name/skin. I enjoy being able to play a boss battle, and target a person if they attack me, so I think it would really ruin the fun of boss battles if it was changed.

6. CosmicGayta

But what if it only revealed the number 1's name and skin?

7. HH_Captain

publicy
    Hi there Crucifixes

I am not with you on this one, as the whole point of pvp is either to be targeted or to fight other players, removing names would make it like you have removed pvp as there would not be a big aspect of pvp in the boss fight. Also if you are being targeted you should deal with it as you have done something to these people and therefore have to deal with your the problem and own up to it. I understand you about being targeted as I do sometimes get targeted myself but I feel it would not make the boss battle fun as the pvp aspect of it has gone. Also a big part of the boss battle is to kill someone to get a strength 1 potion so that would have to be scrapped too. -1

Thanks

HH_Captain

8. LendingGalaxy

LendingGalaxy
    Heyo!

I disagree with removing skins and names in boss battle. Some people at the boss fights mainly like to pvp other players or do it with there friends. Disabling it will make this harder to find people and on top of this, people usually like to team up on it and it would be harder because you wouldn’t know who to kill and if it was your teammate. I honestly wouldn’t see this happening soon but maybe it will!

9. Subprime16084

Hi there community,

I believe that player's names and skins should stay reviewed in boss fights, as it brings an aspect to boss fight. Although the main point is to deal the most damagw to the boss, I believe that the ability to know who the top 1 is especially important, as it gives other players an idea on who to target and drag down. As FarisNyanNyan had said, it is to give other players a chance to comeback, especially by taking down the leading player and slowing him/her down. Also relating to what Zebra had said, I believe boss fights is a combination of PvP and dealing damage to the boss, as killing players is useful to you (strength pots) and also can bring down the other players, forcing them to defend themselves other than attacking the boss, so I disagree in your point.

10. Dinojulie

DinoJulie
    Hey there!

I like the idea of not being able to see someone's name or skin, however it really shouldn't matter who you kill or who kills you. the goal afterall is to kill the boss. And as LendingGalaxy said, some people do just want to ge the chance to kill their friends outside of the normal pvp arena :)

11. peed

Hi crucifixes!
    I totally agree with this. /Warp Boss is a very popular event as 20-35 people show up each time. My ping skyrockets every time I join. Hiding skins would help each player, as it would give no advantages to those who team.
    -Earthy <3

12. CosmicGayta

ight so you all be talking about how it’s for pvp.. kid it’s a boss fight where your SUPPOSED TO FIGHT THE BOSS not other players

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.