Hello Staff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FFandF, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFandF

FnnF
    Hello MCC community! I sometimes find myself in games with staff and I try to say hi. 50/50 will either respond or not. Is there a reason why some staff just don't answer? Or is it just that they are busy.

2. JustBeChill

JustBeChill
    Hi, I personally think that most staff can not say hello in certain Minigames like Solo Skywars because it will give themselves away to hackers. When cheaters see the staff tag, they immediately log off and log on after 10-20 minutes. Also, you might be right about them being busy. It depends what Minigame you were playing on.
    Thank you and have a wonderful day! :)

guih, Bob50 and FFandF like this.
  3. fouffy

fouffy
    Well as an ex staff member, I used to always say I back. However it can become to a certain extent be too much. Examples of this aren't because "people are annoying waa waa" but sometimes staff try to lay low. If they lay low, it is much easier for them to keep an eye on chat, or spectate and such. Another reason is that there are multiple things going on at once.

3 things happening in chat constantly as a staff member:

Staff don't respond much in minigames. Can't let hackers know staff are around
    Admin Chat (Staff Chat)
    Messages (Constantly)
    Keeping an eye on rule breakers in public chat

Yes, sometimes staff purposely ignore, some are nice about it, and some simply can't respond at the moment as they are trying to lay low and watch chat while getting minutes in :D

#3 fouffy, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    FFandF likes this.
  4. Darenn

Darenn
    G'day!

So yeah, staff try to stay annonymous when in minigames, some respond, some don't. Otherwise if they respond, hackers might aswell turn their hacks off to not get caught/banned.
    In other cases, you could friend the staff and /msgf them a little "Hi:)" and that's if you REALLY want to say hi to them.
    And if you were staff, you could probably understand that you might not respond to players in chat if you're in a minigame with alot of hackers.

Hope this helped // Have a good day/night:)

-Xottiiccccccc

FFandF likes this.
  5. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hi Waifer,

Its not that we are 'too busy' or not paying attention or afk - its because we need to be undercover and not scare the hackers!

Unfortunately there is no way for us to 'hide' that we are staff in minigames when we chat; and as such we avoid talking to stop players toggling.

Typically if a hacker sees "Moderator" in chat, they will log off and play a different minigame, or come back later. For that reason, we try avoid talking.

Question answered,
    Thread locked.

JustBeChill, Kane and AZXG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.