health in nametag

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Bruno, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Bruno

iBrunoow
    Hey, I think there should be a health tag above player's nametags (just like in uhc) in all sub-servers/minigames because not all client mods have the damage indicators mod (badlion & lunar don't for example) and it helps you a lot.

#1 Bruno, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2021
  2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey bruno! i am on board with this idea, and would like to add a little since i can see someone saying "just play on a client that offers it".. like, badlion sees health indicator as a "hack" and it'll never come on there, and some players chose badlion over laby because (1) they cant load laby since it's more damaging to fps compared to blc and (2) they don't have $1000 to spend on cosmetics... anwayys, i think the health indicators already exist for subservers in pvp (at least for prison since season 4 or 5).

overall +1

Bruno likes this.
  3. guih

guihzy
    Seeing that mcc clearly doesn’t think of health indicators as a “hack” I don’t see why not having this added. It already is a really useful feature on uhc (due to the fact that maintaining a stable high HP is crucial), and would be just as useful on pvp-based minigames. I don’t see any negative points on your idea thus it’s a +1 from me

puposaurus and Bruno like this.
  4. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    I don't see why this wouldn't be added as everyone has access to the information and it doesn't pose any significant change in gameplay, it might encourage targeting of players that are of lower health however I think that it's no different to players using Labymod to display their opponents health. So overall +1 from ya boy:)

Marco5py, BlockyBeach and Bruno like this.
  5. Cefr

Cefr
    As clients like Laby Mod already have a health bar, I don't see any reason not to just add this to every mode. Some can't run Laby and other clients that have a health bar so being able to see health in game modes like skywars would be a game changer. I can't think of any way this would hurt the mode/players at all, so it should be a thing to be added.

-Cefr

BlockyBeach and Bruno like this.
  6. Juan_

Skippao
    I totally agree with you as lunar user, in my opinion we should be able to see the player's health.

7. Mauricioh

Mauricioh
    Totally agree with this. Sometimes I'd rather use Badlion - as it's focused on PvP, but unfortunately I lose a lot with that as I can't see other people's health, which is the reason why I have to stick to LabyMod pretty much all the time. Not that I don't like Laby, I love it, but BLC just turns out to be better if you're looking for a PvP client. Pretty much all servers I have been to have the feature so you can see other people's health without having to use the modification, so that's probably why every other client won't ever have it.

That being said, I really hope, if MCC ever updates its Minigames, we could finally have this feature. I don't see why this couldn't be added as we already allow players to have that on their end.
    Thank you bringing this up, Bruno! +1

8. JoaoOssucci

JoaoOssucci
    Hello Bruno!
    I totally agree with it as well, but I'm honestly losing my hope... It's something not hard to do, and many people have already asked for it (including me), but it hasn't been implemented yet. Creative is reseting and nobody asked for it, we are actually expecting the Minigames Revamp.
    If there's something that I would like to say about the health in Nametag, it's to not be like on UHC and be invisible on TAB, just on Nametag, cause if you are low, fighting a hacker or another player, it will avoid someone throw the enderpearl just to clean you, if they saw you low on TAB.
    But over this, I'm all +1

9. Milliie

kikohh
    I feel like that could encourage more toxcitity in a way but other than that this would be a cool idea!

10. Bruno

iBrunoow
    how so?

11. Milliie

kikohh
    because if u 1v1 someone and they get a combo on you they could be toxic then when u die because they know there and your health but at same time hundreds off servers have this with no issues!

12. Bruno

iBrunoow
    I don't understand what you mean and I don't see how that would make the server more toxic considering that Damage Indicators is already an allowed modification

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.