Guild xp Boost

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Eleung_musk, May 22, 2020.

?

Are you in a guild/wld this make you be in a guild?

1. Yes I’m in a guild

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No I’m not in a guild

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No I’m not in a guild and wld join if this is added

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Eleung_musk

eleung
    Guilds don’t have much use right now. If you are in a good guild, you can communicate well with other ppl and party inv them and stuff like that. However, other than those few purposes, you really don’t need to join a guild.

What if guilds could provide something better, some bigger. Like guild xp boosts. So guilds can level up their xp BUT their guild points still remain the same. For example, credits will go up more but the guild points for 1 kill remains the same. This means that people should join guilds because now they serve an even bigger purpose.

How would you be able to obtain a guild xp boost? 2 ways. The first one is you can buy it from the store and use it when you want to. Something like a mythical key. The second way could be through the guild leaderboards. This is why it is essential to keep the guild points the same. Because if you were to increase guild points too, it becomes too overpowered and those who want to stay on the leaderboard can stay there forever. I cannot say which positions should get it because there is a major gap between some guilds and others so I suggest they give guild xp booster to monthly points guilds because for example, Beta had 19billion points(Idk) and second place had like 15billion, as you can see there’s a major difference between the 2. So that’s the reasoning for monthly points.

There can also be different tiers. So for example, Guild #1-10 get 50% guild xp boosters for ____ amount of time. Guild #11-20 get 30% guild xp boosters for _____ amount of time. Guild #21-30 gets 10% guild xp boost for ____ amount of time.

Overall, this gives mccentral money and people will buy these if they want to. People will also want to participate in their guild and there won’t be so many freeloaders. It might not be a good idea because I kind of just thought about this but now thinking about it, it would definitely be a good addition to the game because it gives more reasons to do things.

Also I don’t actually know if a lot of ppl r in guilds and I’m just stupid for thinking otherwise.

2. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    I like your thought process behind wanting to expand the benefits of being part of a guild. However, I feel that this suggestion artificially inflates the importance of guilds and creates a gap between those who are part of one versus not. Currently, your gameplay experience and abilities to level up don't necessarily rely on your guild, and this seems like the best course of action.

Like you point out, there's a vast amount of players who do not participate in guilds and with the current system, this is totally fine because being in a guild or not does not define your minigame experience. However, if this XP boost was added, it would mean that players in a guild have a significant advantage over non-guild members as they can more easily rank up and gain credits. I also find that a lot of experienced, highly skilled players are in guilds while players that are usually starting out don't have a guild. By implementing this idea, the gap between these groups of players would widen as the guild members can continue to increase in levels while newer players would be at a disadvantage.

Additionally, the guild booster idea could be abused by players. For players who are not already in a guild, if a booster is on, they can easily create a guild with their friends just to take advantage of the added credits/XP during this time. Then, when the booster expires, they can disband their guild. Again, being in a guild is not proprietary so they can be created/disbanded at will and provide advantages that are not necessary to the server.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.