[Guide] Preparing for helper Requirements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 254, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all!

Today I am making a post to those (who are going for Helper) of how to correctly understand the "Requirements of helper."

What is helper?
    Sure right now you might be like "yeah yeah, i know whats helper, a rank that helps people etc...." thats true, but I do want to point out that "helpers job isn't to ban or catch hackers, their job is to help people around on (discord, in-game, forums) and to watch the chats"
    At the same time helper is the most lowest and the only achievable (from applying) staff rank on MCC. After you became helper you would stay as helper for few month before becoming a moderator (to gain trust and to learn how to correctly ban hackers)

Requirements for helper!

In order to become a helper you must face some of the requirements, some might be pretty easy to achieve while others might be challenging.
    Requirements:

Official helper Requirements page:
    https://mccentral.org/community/threads/staff-application-guidelines.19/

Must be at least 14 years old (verified by voice)
    You must be at-least 14+ (this is because the older you are the more mature you get and more things you can handle)

Must be active in-game and on the forums
    You might think (just afk or play 24/7) but this is wrong step, since Admins can check if you where afking or not, at the same time by being active on (server and forums) is by helping out, at the same time you must be somehow active on discord.
    Answering questions correctly is a big step of showing your activeness and your help!
    Answering questions wrongly doesn't results end your dream of becoming staff (i mean you would own less chance of getting accepted, if you keep on saying wrong answers and asking a-lot of questions that you as staff should know)
    Answering wrong is actually okay! Your pretty much learning stuff, I would recommend to those that are new to MCC should at-least should apply in 2- 3 month not in 2 weeks, since you would have to learn a-lot of stuff about MCC, rules, sub-servers, commands, and more! Cause whenever you answer correctly and being active on "Discord / Forums / Server" application team would think your worthy enough to become a helper!

A Discord account is required
    You have to own a Discord account, if you don't then go to discord page to create one! (its pretty simple and fast)
    >What is discord?<
    Discord is an application and digital distribution platform—designed initially for the video gaming community—that specializes in text, image, video and audio communication between users in a chat channel.

Must have an appropriate username
    Your (Discord / In game / Forums) name must not be offensive or racist.

Must have linked your main Minecraft account with your website profile (Use /Link in Lobbies)
    Must own your main account linked with MCC website,
    To do this step, its pretty simple, log on to MCC, type "/link" and from there you would get simple instructions of how to link your account to website!
    Also /link shows and proofs that you're the same user from In-game on forums.

Must be socially active and friendly with the Staff Team and users of the community
    Being friendly is also a thing that can lead you to accepted (i mean one of the steps) being a nice friendly guy on Discord / Forums and In-game is very useful! Staff and players would see that you "being nice" can become a very nice and friendly staff member!
    Being toxic or just being rude (by not breaking any rules) might lower your chances, since no one really wants to see some toxic or rude guy from discord or server becoming a staff member.
    Tips: Don't get involved with any drama or start one or enter one, don't be like "Idc" or "your problem" just chill and be nice!
    Don't loss your anger as well!

Familiar with staff commands and abilities
    Sure some people might be like "yeah /ban or /mute or whatever the command is" (its /punish) but if your thinking about that then your wrong, as staff you have to know many commands, commands that helps people out. Knowing just few commands of how to punish a user or how to fly isn't really helpful.
    Familiar with commands and abilities is very useful knowledge that you should know, if some people are asking some stuff like "How do i make faction" or "how to undisguised" or "how to go back to my island" or "how to trust someone" these type of stuff needs help with commands, so if your going for staff you should learn most of the commands.

Able to be mature and handle situations whilst being a staff member
    As staff member you should't be rude or swear at all, cause thats instantly showing you not ready for being a mature staff member, as well during some arguments you should't really take sides of drama.

Able to be an active staff member (Online frequently)
    Going online is pretty one of the most important things you should do as a staff member, if your planning to become as a staff member you would have to spend at-least on MCC more then 1000 min+ monthly, means your ready to give your time to help out the server.
    At the same time you should't just play one sub-server over and over, you have to play all types of MCC gamemodes.
    Minigames, duels, UHC, and sub-servers all should be played with a decent amount of time.
    To check your playtime go on MCC and type /playtime, and then (drag your mouse to the message that just came out"

If you have received a mute or ban, you must wait before applying
    Means if you received any punishments you must wait before applying "warning doesn't have to be waited out" chart of punishment waiting:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 11.50.27 PM.png

To view your punish history: https://mccentral.org/bans/

Must be able to record in-game if needed
    You have to have some recording software to record, "for mac QuickTimePlayer" and "for windows try to use build in recording "Win + Alt + R, (you must be in Game Bar dialog and own a selected application that your going to record" or you can instal some of other recording software like: OBS.

Must not have any warning points on the forums
    You should't own any warning points at all on MCC website (when your applying for helper), you might get some "but they would expire in week or two or three" some might never expire, and when you get any forums points you should appeal it, also its recommended for you not to own any warning points at all when your about to apply or when your application has been already submitted.

Must have been a member of the MCCentral website for at least 45 days
    Just be on MCC website for 45 days, long waiting process but while your waiting you can do the other two requirements below!

At least 50 player report tickets which have been accepted
    You have to get at-least 50 people punished "by you" means your the one that recorded them and got them punished, just a quick note, if you just keep on reporting players but not being helpful on server, then your chances of being accepted drops, its fine reporting a lot of players, but just remember you goal is also to help not only to report.
    /chatreport is also a thing to report people that are breaking chat rules!

You can see list of people you had reported that got punished or not:
    https://mccentral.org/community/forums/reports/

At least 20 posts on the forums
    This might seem simple to some people, get that: Message number to 20, well this is wrong step of thoughts, application team are aiming for your posts that are "helpful, they won't count posts where you just "enter a giveaway" or "say a very simple answer" application team is aiming to find your posts helpful and useful, making (helpful) and answering peoples post is a big plus! Just remember don't type simply answer to an question, a new member is probably confused "of why they are punished" and they need more details why they are punished, and telling a person just to appeal isn't really helpful, you should explain to them stuff like "you probably where spamming chat and that goes against MCC rules, read the rules yourself! (Link) and you can appeal your mute at the same time! [Appeal link]
    Saying answers like "You got punished appeal here: [Appeal link]" this type of answer is just lazy post, your not being really helpful at all besides sending them appeal link (without letting them know why they got punished)
    That was just one of the examples.

A Google account is required
    You have to own at-least a google account "you should and probably own one"

I hope this post helped to explain the requirement of helpers in details to people, good luck to those that are going for helper on MCC!

~Thanks!

2. Yogi

This is a little bit of a rant so bare with me.

I really don't like the mentality of "hitting the helper requirements" that a lot of people on the forums seem to have -- even more so in-game. If you take a look at the majority of responses to forum threads, they're all the same 5 people . I'm sure a lot of you are aware of who I'm talking about (a certain gun may come to mind :')). It's so apparent that their end-goal in being active is attaining a staff rank, that it's kind of annoying. They take a lot away from discussions and their cookie-cutter responses leave nothing but filler to most threads. If somebody has already said what you were going to say, don't regurgitate it out again.

Now, I get that the staff application itself is a big incentive for people to be active, helpful and kind; It's a very smart process. It's just very apparent to me that a lot of people, especially younger players, who want a staff rank are super insincere in the way they approach getting it. At the very least, you shouldn't follow a guide to know to be friendly. You should be friendly because you yourself are a nice person -- not to get some check-mark in the 'friendly requirement section'. Don't change yourself to get a rank, it's not healthy and will most definitely rear it's ugly head sooner or later. You can have a personality and also be a staff member, there's nothing wrong with having an attitude towards certain topics or people. Being impartial when punishing players and helping people is a different thing altogether. You're cultivating a better environment for the players, not creating a telecommunications call-centre.

In all honesty, I highly doubt my little response to a 'Guide' would make any substantial change but I'm relaying my thoughts to put my concerns out there and because I want a little more variance in the people I interact with. Hope people understand where I'm coming from :')

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.