[Guide] Help with Minecraft Version for new players!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 254, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all!
    I recently been noticing that there was many new MCC members or Minecraft players in general who are owning this trouble "what version to play" and "how to change versions", so in this post I would make a mini guide to help all new members out "Step by step" of how to change your Minecraft version!
    "Sure to some old Minecraft players it seems very easy, but to new people its pretty hard for them to figure out"

What are Minecraft versions?
    Minecraft versions are known as "Updates" so whenever a new Minecraft version comes out new stuff comes out like: Mobs, blocks, commands, items, etc.
    For example: The higher the version is "by its numbers" the more updated it is!
    Since each Minecraft version has pretty big changes like 1.9 "the combat update" and 1.13 "the aquatic update"
    As a new Minecraft member the first version you would always get recommended is the latest "1.14.4" now I do want to point out one thing, "its okay to play any Minecraft versions" theirs nothing wrong with that.

Note: Playing on Minecraft is versions also pretty important, since some servers allows you to join only on 1.8 some 1.13, some 1.14, and if you play any versions above or below you won't able to join then "unless the server has some plugin like ViaVersion, or some other that allows players to connect with any versions to a server! "At this post I won't be going into details about the plugins that can do that"

Changing your Minecraft Version!
    In this "Spoiler part" i would be explaining how you can change your Minecraft version, by these simple steps!
    Step one: Open your Minecraft launcher
    So to start of this step, the first thing you must do is open your Minecraft Launcher, after you done that make sure your logged in to this, ounce you done this, press the "Installations button!"

Picture:
    Step1.png
    Step two: Press installations
    After you done that the next step is pretty simple, on your very left top of the screen press the "+ New" button this would open you up the main control menu where you can "decide your Minecraft version, Resolution, games name, etc"

Picture:
    Step2.png

Step three: Step three adding New version
    After you press the "+ New Installation" you can now fully control of how your build in version would look like, you can pick whatever version for it to be, and you can choose your "Versions name and its Icon "by just pressing on the [Furnace]"
    Name your version and then press on "Version"

Picture:
    Step3.png
    Step four: Name and pick your version
    Now here comes the part where you pick the version, you can pick from "Current Version (1.14.4) to 1.0 (the oldest version) but if you want to play on MCC you version must be from 1.8 and above (1.14.4)

Quick notes and tips for picking your version:
    If you just like playing Minecraft with all new features: 1.14 (but almost all 1.14 features won't be seen on MCC since MCC can support up tp 1.12 version's features, going on "MCC creative and placing all 1.13+ new blocks + items would turn into stones"
    If you love to PVP in Minecraft: 1.8 - 1.8.9, since after 1.9 update, the combat has changed very much, meaning its pretty hard to pvp on 1.9 "most people that loves to pvp and are good at it usually plays from 1.8 - 1.8.9.

Tips: After Minecraft 1.13+ update players can now swim very quickly now in water, unlikely 1.13 and below players can swim very slow "not so slow but just slow" but using 1.14+ might be bit bugging with MCC anti-cheat means, any time you swim in huge area of water you might always get lag back by the anti-cheat, and you would have to swim very slow to don't get this lag back.

Picture:
    Step4.png

Step five: Done!
    This is the final step, press the "Create button" and you are done! Your new Minecraft version has been created, now head back to "play" and "Select your version that you made" and "Press play".
    You had successfully finished creating your Minecraft version!

Picture:
    Step6a.png
    When your in Play: Step6B.png

Conclusion:
    Hope this small and short guide helped you out of how to create "New version and how to use and play it!"
    Just to let you all know again to play on MCC you must be from version 1.8 - 1.14.4!
    Have a nice day / night!

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hi! i really enjoy reading these types of posts...
    side note: don’t play 1.14 that’s how the community doesn’t like you.. especially in survival games. 1.14 doenst even do good for creative... i’m sorry i’m just 1.8 biased >.<
    for creative i think 1.12 is really the best becuase most blocks don’t look the same and there’s some blocks you can’t even lose.
    anywyas.. great post! play 1.8.9! :D

3. MicroSquid

MicroSquid
    This Post is really nice :)
    I think honestly anything below 1.14 is decent. I hear about people getting alot of laggy issues or water lag for those who do pvp. I play on labymod 1.12 or normal 1.12 and i havent had too many issues. I just find 1.12 to work nice and other servers are also updated so playing on 1.12 im able to swap servers if i want to instead of relaunching minecraft:)
    Have a nice day and ty for helping the community!

puposaurus likes this.
  4. Rayudu

Rayudu
    1.8.9 > literally any other version IMO

puposaurus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.