Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Good recording software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karcsi_, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Karcsi_

KatoenPlukkerV1
    Hello,
    I've been playing alot of minigames lately and I have also been reporting a few hackers.

But since I've been using Labymod, my current recording software wont work anymore, which resolves in me not being able to record hackers anymore.

Does anyone know a easy to use recording software, because I kinda want to report these hackers again lol..

Thanks in advance! :D

2. itscyrus

itscyrus
    Hi! OBS is a free and open-source video software for recording and also streaming. You can find it here: https://obsproject.com/
    You can also find various tutorials online for settings and how to set it up. Hope I helped :)

Karcsi_ likes this.
  3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey! as already mentioned, OBS is a great option, but not always accessible to everyone since it can be a little much if you're playing on a laptop..
    i use replay mod on blc, but since you are on laby, you can add replay mod into your laby mod folder, not sure how that all works, but ik it's possible since i have friends who use laby mod and gotten this to work (maybe try this link to see how to do it)

another option is bandicam if you don't mind the watermark, if it's just for, like, reporting hackers or whatever...
    as well as, if you have a mac, you can use quicktime player which is something else i use when I'm on a mac, another mac alternative is RetroClip, it doesn't come with the mac like quicktime, but it's very easy to download..

hope this helps
    have a great day

4. iFeast

iFeast
    Hey, OBS as previously stated is probably the best way to go, but if you're not uploading videos to youtube or anything and you want something extremely basic and simple, you can go with Bandicam. Happy hunting! :)

Karcsi_ likes this.
  5. Karcsi_

KatoenPlukkerV1
    Thanks!
    I've tried OBS before, but my gameplay turns out really dark, so i dont think that'll work.
    I guess I'll try bandicam.

6. Issel

Issel
    Hey, I have been reporting a lot of hackers recently as well and i personally use Geforce experiences «instant replay» to catch hackers. The good thing about «instant replay» is that its always running in the background recording the last 5 minutes of your game play. This way you dont have to press any buttons to start recording you just have to remember to save the footage.
    Here is a tutorial on how to use it Here.

If you have anymore questions feel free to send me a message on discord: Issel#5251.

-Issel.

Karcsi_ likes this.
  7. EBallan

EBallan
    Hey there!
    I personally use windows game bar cause it was just there and i didnt need to install anything ahaha. Its quite simple to use and I dont need to open an external application to record. All I gotta do is get out of full screen and hold down windows and alt then press R and it starts recording!

Olisaurus123 and Mxats like this.
  8. centjeuh

centjeuh
    Hello!

I recommend using OBS, since it's free and easy to use. If you are on windows you could also use the built in recording software that every windows user has. If you have an Nvidia graphics card you can use the recording software that comes with it.

Enjoy your day!

Karcsi_ likes this.
  9. DrBrando

DrBrando
    So if you have a good system, OBS is a solid option, but for lower end systems, Bandicam is very efficient on system resources but it is a paid program. If you are looking for the highest quality record with low system strain, then FRAPS is the best option out there, the one thing about FRAPS, however, is the output video files are uncompressed so make sure you have extra storage.

Good luck recording!

(Ps, if you have an nvidia card you can just use shadowplay and it is awesome bc you can clip the past few minutes ezpz)

Karcsi_ likes this.
  10. TheKingOfTurtlez

TheKingOfTurtlez
    Hey OBS is a very solid option! If you are on a Apple computer, you also can use QuickTime to record your hackers!

Karcsi_ likes this.
  11. Stolsiee

Stolsieee
    Hey there, I use the GeForce game clip to record and it has been working so well for me, all you do is press win+alt+g and it gameclips 30 seconds in the past

Karcsi_ likes this.
  12. Flirtin

For basic recording you could just use Fraps. It's not free but can easily be found on YouTube cracked. If you're looking for something more than that I recommend using OBS or if you're okay with spending some money, Action. Action is great but it costs $20.00 for a lifetime license key.

Karcsi_ likes this.
  13. fedham

fedham
    Use OBS. Its free, it has a really easy to use user interface and its very high quality.

Karcsi_ likes this.
  14. Karcsi_

KatoenPlukkerV1
    Yeah, but when I press record and switch to my game, the record just stops...
    I btw figured out with shortcuts how to record with my old software again, so its no problem anymore! :D
    Thanks for the advice tho!

15. Karcsi_

KatoenPlukkerV1
    I've used Action before and it was amazing tbh, so I wouldnt mind spending $20 on a lifetime license.. I dont have the money rn due to Corona xD

16. _Noxid

_Noxid
    It's not bad, but you need an Nvidia graphics card to do that.

Karcsi_ likes this.
  17. Ankh

Ankh
    With OBS, even with my crappy computer (i3-2100/R7 250X), I can record 480p 30fps with almost no change in framerate, which is plenty sufficient for reporting rule breakers. For me, I just leave the replay buffer at 30 seconds running in the background whenever I play. That way if I ever see a hacker, I just hit the hotkey and it makes a clip of the last 30 seconds. This is especially useful since there's no guarantee if you see a hacker once you'll be able to record them doing it a second time.

Karcsi_ likes this.
  18. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Hey Karcsi_

I have been reporting a lot lately and I use OBS. I find it to be incredibly usefull. its fairly simple and makes videos of pretty good quality. I also don't have any problems with my fps dropping when playing while recording. as Ankh said. You can just simply set a hotkey wich is F10 for me, And just press it when te game starts or when you see a hacker and press it again if you feel like you've gathered enough evidence.
    Nice to see that you're planning on reporting hackers more often. helps out a lot :D

Karcsi_ likes this.
  19. mcrcus

mcrcus
    Howdy! So, I do not have a $300 computer setup, so OBS for me isn't the best option. I use something called Icecream Screen Recorder. It is free to download, you can download it here. It may take a while to setup, and you might need to be ready with it, cause it takes a while to load up, but it does have good quality, and you are able to use them for your reports. Hope this helps!
    <3

Karcsi_ likes this.
  20. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Some NVIDIA graphics cards come with a recording software called NVIDIA Shadowplay, which arguably is one of the best software's out there. I use Shadowplay for all my recordings and it's incredibly efficient to compile the data to be uploaded (which when your playing a fast paced Skywars minigame you're gonna want :p)

Karcsi_ likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.