Good Money for an Old Player

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by heatchh, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Are Large Scale farms a good idea for someone trying to make money?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2019.
  1. Nether Wart

44.4%
  2. Sugar Cane

11.1%
  3. Cactus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other?(If so, please explain)

44.4%
  5. They Are Not A Good Idea(If so, please Explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. heatchh

Loukcas
    Heatchh

Hello, my name is Heatchh! I have been playing on this server for probably about 3y years, and just recently took about a yearlong break to focus on things non-Minecraft. As an old player, it seems like a lot of things have changed. (IDK if for the better) Since I haven't been playing a lot on this server recently and there has been many new additions that I am still getting acclimated to, such as tokens and new economic dynamics, I am wondering if there is a new way to get large amounts of money using farms, since my old way of nether wart farming seems to have been nerfed? I have been thinking about making a large scale, Ilmango-esque cactus farm, but I am afraid that wont really get me enough money to get me to where I need to be. I have only got Coal rank, so I will really have to grind for some items, but it really shouldn't be a problem for me, I love the grind. So, would a cactus farm be a good decision, or is there something else that should be piquing my interest? If so, please respond, I would love to hear it!

Thanks for all your help, Heatchh
    (BTW, I would love to get more involved within the forums community, so if there is anything that anyone would like to discuss, I am always down for that)

2. AZXG

AZXG
    Melon farms are probably one of the best farms in this case. Melon farms produce a good amount of tokens, and tokens sell for a good amount of money.

heatchh likes this.
  3. Hey! Personally as someone who plays skyblock and has for seasons I can tell you that I think the best way to start a farm is to do a Nether Wart.
    Nether Wart is very fast growing and and easy to place, although the soul sand can be a bit expensive in the end it will pay off.

heatchh likes this.
  4. FourNut

FourNut
    Hello,
    In my opinion, NetherWarts is the way to go, they grow very quick, and they are very easy to harvest. They make very good money, so I believe that NetherWarts is the way to go.

If you have any questions for me, just message me on discord at 4Nut#2232, or on my profile page!

heatchh likes this.
  5. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Hi Heatchh, currently a good farm to start off at the very beginning would be a melon farm. With this, you would be able to purchase soul sand for a nether wart farm which is probably the better one out of the two for money purposes. Keeping these two farms allows you to get massive amounts of profit from nether warts and massive amounts of tokens from melons. However, for the nether wart farm, best option is to save up for a harvest hoe which will instantly plant an item in its place. You would probably then want to get some spawners and create a grinder after that.

Thanks, Olli​

heatchh likes this.
  6. FarisNyanNyan

FarisNyanNyan
    Many people in this thread have mentioned netherwart and melon farming. Both are both great, but I would side with the melons. I don't know how successful other people are with netherwart, but I can't seem to make any good money off it without using a lot of time harvesting and replanting. To me, its just to tedious. Melons grow automatically so all you have to do is AFK, and farm. They have the second highest drop rate for tokens and as of now, tokens sell for crazy prices on sb1 that I've determined to outweigh the netherwart. Let's look at it from a mathematical perspective. A full inventory of netherwart gives $5760 (2304 items). A full inventory of melons gives $6912. Already the melons are higher. But melons drop tokens (so does netherwart, but the rate is pretty low so we can rule that out) and on sb1 currently tokens sell for $10k+. A decent sized melon farm will drop 10-15 tokens so about $100k. That's crazy! I don't farm netherwart anymore, so I'm not sure of any special abilities of it. Please feel free to correct me if any of my calculations or assumptions are incorrect. I'm not exactly a pro at this but from what I'm seeing melon is a clear victor.

#6 FarisNyanNyan, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    heatchh likes this.
  7. heatchh

Loukcas
    Thank you all for replying! it helped me out a lot in making my decision to go with a melon farm initially, then build a large-scale nether wart farm. From what I have seen here, tokens seem to be the thing that players really are profiting off of, so I am gonna go with whatever can give me the highest token yield. Thanks Again!

Incarnati0n_ likes this.
  8. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Have fun on this adventure Heatchh

Thanks, Olli​

9. Hactos

Melon farming is a good starter to making money in general but nether wart farming is a bit more profitable but you will need to buy a hh, and a lot of soul sand requiring more money. But I’m fine with that after all I got over 170m lmao

10. Pie

Pie

I don't agree with the nether warts farm, even with harvest hoe.
    The reason for it is the fact that tokens worth way too much making the money you from the crops them self kind of ignore able.
    With nether warts you should be able to get on average token in 103 seconds, and with melons it is around the 40 seconds on average.
    If you ignore the tokens I think warts should be a little more profit able but would cost much more to make (around the times 4 more then melons) but overtime it should make it self back.

11. ImConcerned

vNato
    Melon farms are 100% the best farms especially the ones that are big enough that once you complete one full circuit of the farm, the start is already fully grown. The reason is mostly for the tokens as they are worth so much and are currently running the economy and making it grow so fast. Mass ice farms are also very good I have found, for tokens and the ice.
    Regards,

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.