General suggestion (Mute = ipban??)

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by iluvu, Nov 24, 2019.

1. iluvu

Suggestion: If a user is caught mute evading, ban the account for mute evasion. If they further evade, IP ban.

Reason: While I understand that the current IP checking system is flawed (to be honest it should be automatic) and someone who is mute evading will probably go onto a fourth account, I feel that an IP ban for mute evasion off the bat is just unfair and frankly doesn't sound right either. Under this system, a user does not have to deal with the implications of an IP ban just because of mutes unless they evade after they were stopped the first time, which then makes it ban evading (and that is a very legitimate ground to ip ban someone off of). In this case mute evasion would change ban evasion rules to not require being caught on a third account as they will have been evading twice by this point, but this is an exception for mute evading, not an actual change to ban evasion rules.

Thanks for looking at my suggestion!

P.s Before I get any comments of this nature, no I am not ip banned, banned, muted or making this suggestion on behalf of someone else, it just seems very wrong for a mute to translate to an IP ban in any case (unless it is one that directly warrants it).

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.