[General] Overhaul MC Version

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by FPST373R, Jul 4, 2020.

1. FPST373R

FPST373R
    I really hope plans are in action to update to the newer versions of Minecraft. MC 1.8 (I believe that is the current running version) 6 years old, and I really like this server for what it offers and the community, so it would be nice to have the newer blocks and updates that we have received to be in line with what people may be playing in single-player or other servers.

2. TeddyOreo

TeddyOreo
    Hey FPST373R,

Majority of the server runs on 1.8 due to how smoothly PvP runs and the popularity. Most other big name servers out there use the same version because it is the best and most convenient for players to play on. Some subservers rely on 1.8 version PvP because of the items and enchantments that are available. For example, if the version for prison was 1.12 then there would be a lot of new changes that most players are either not used to or they might find PvP frustrating as it is way different. Other sub servers such as survival and creative both run on 1.12 which provides players with more blocks/items and gives more freedom. I totally understand how people who play single player can apply those skills in other versions can implement their own creativity into MCC. There may be a small chance that survival and creative get a version update but it is up to the owners to decide. In the end, I don't see MCC changing its server wide version any time soon.

InsaneIsMyName and iZyro like this.
  3. gingerbread2005

gingerbread2005
    Hey FPST373R
    On the most part I completely agree with you. The newer versions have a lot more newer blocks which could be great for creative, champion builder and even people building maps for all gamemodes. However, 1.8 is still the best for pvp and is still one of the most popular game versions. Even the big name servers support it like Hypixel due to its immense popularity. So, despite this in theory being a great idea, the chances of it happening are very low. There is the possibility that some sub servers that rely less on pvp could get an update, but even that is unlikely.

89p likes this.
  4. FPST373R

FPST373R
    Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I'm not akin to PvP much, but it would be great for Skyblock, which is the server that I mainly play on, and I would say SB is similar to Survival or Creative. While it may also be similar to Factions, Factions does rely on PvP much more often.

I was really just looking forward to the new concepts, like magma/soul sand elevators, the new crafting blocks, waterlogging, etc. But if not, makes sense, if possible, would be great!

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.