[General] AFK Command

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by SuperPupperDoggo, Jul 3, 2020.

?

If implemented, should AFK mode disable inactivity kicks where applicable?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. Other(Specify in comments)

20.0%
  1. SuperPupperDoggo

DudeBoard250
    I think there should be an option to use the /afk command that would put a message in chat that you're afk, and some kind of symbol next to your name in the tab list. I'd either make it free for everyone or a coal rank thing. Either way, it would be nice to have. There would obviously be some kind of cool down on the afk command to prevent spam(can only run every minute, say*). It would, of course, be disabled while in PVP areas and would just not be a thing in minigames. This way people know you're AFK and will come back soon. But there is one thing I think you guys should decide. If this does get implemented, should it disable being kicked for inactivity if applicable?

* Cooldown would not affect exiting AFK mode by moving

2. InsaneIsMyName

InsaneIsMyName
    There aren't many places where you will get kicked for being afk. Plus, it's pretty easy to figure out if a player is afk because they either aren't moving or talking.

I don't really see a necessity to have an afk command. The only reason I could see for them to add it would be to add an additional perk for donators.

3. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hey! This would be an interesting thing to add, although I don't think it's necessary to make it a command for it. A lot of times, when a player goes afk, they just get up and leave their computer, and they probably wouldn't remember/know that there is a command they can use. Next, a lot of players just join the server and work quietly, and don't talk in chat, so they aren't known. If the /afk command said a message in chat, it would be a useless server message, as no one knows the player and so no none really cares if they are afk or not. Since a lot of servers here have 300+ players online after a reset, with so many people going afk and coming back, that could flood chat, too.

However, they could still add something along the lines of this but without the command or the chat message. For sub-servers only, (not minigames because they have an afk timer), they could make it so that it automatically puts a player as afk after a certain amount of time of inactivity. The player will be sent a message in chat saying that they are afk. This could be helpful for staff, because they could be given a command to see how long someone has been afk, and for players, because it could block any /msg messages, with a message saying that the recipient is afk, and cannot see the message. -0.5 for adding an /afk command, but +1 for adding an automatic afk timer as I described above.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.