Gapple Cooldown Poll

Discussion in 'KitPvP General Discussion' started by Subsequents, Jul 22, 2019.

?

Gapple Cooldown For Season 6?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2020.
  1. Nooo!

52.0%
  2. Yes!

48.0%
  1. Subsequents

A poll about the god apple cool down possibly coming to season 6. Feel free to comment reasons supporting your choice.

2. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew
    I don't see a Gapple Cooldown being added to kit this upcoming season and the main reason why is because of the number of hackers that can just drop you if you are unable to gapple. This would cause a lot of deaths that could have been prevented if the player were able to gapple. I like the aspect of quick dropping someone before they're able to reg spam or even gapple.

3. PainfulStrafes_

PainfulStrafes
    Alex said in a reply to a bug report that the anticheat is gonna get a big overhaul when the new mcc website is all stabilized and settled, since the reset isn't until October, we have plenty of time to see what the new anticheat is gonna be like. I am neutral on this as of now since the new anticheat could possibly kill the hacker infestation in kitpvp, but I am leaning pro-cooldown since other servers who have it, max out their playercounts in kitpvp since it's more balanced than mccentral kitpvp.

1frame likes this.
  4. 1frame

lucas__sims
    Hackers are a different issue. A 30 minute gapple cooldown (god apple) would make pvp so much better. It's SO annoying to have to wait 30 seconds because some buh says "res" when you rail them.

5. Lexalt

You can't add a gapple cooldown because of the cheater problem and the tendencies for salty losers to 4v1 people. You will die to bhoppers or 4v1ers if you can't continually god apple.

6. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    Hey there,

I feel that instead of a gapple cooldown, less gapples should be introduced into the economy. Right now, Immortal players can get ~2.5 stacks of gapples daily (in perfect circumstances, using kits at every possible moment), and when there's usually about 150 people online, and maybe 1/3 of them getting constant gapples, there are simply too many to go around.

I think a solution to this would be to remove gapples from kit, and add a /kit gapple, as a donator perk for a given rank. A kit as such would allow 1 gapple every 12 hours (just a number, nothing final). I feel that something like this would revamp the gapple economy drastically, and would force people to make better decisions about how they use gaps during the fight. The game simply isn't fun when you're trying to go after someone, and they eat multiple gaps on the fight just to stay alive.

The gamemode should lean more towards who are the best pvpers, not who can stay on all day and farm resources. I feel that the idea of a /kit gapple would make the subserver drastically improve.

1frame likes this.
  7. 1frame

lucas__sims
    As I previously said, hackers are a different issue that need to be dealt with. However, your solution for the hacker problem is just creating more problems. A server wants to eliminate as many issues as possible, so dealing with these two issues individually is the best approach in this scenario.

Cxrtr likes this.
  8. PainfulStrafes_

PainfulStrafes
    30 min cooldown is crazy high, I prefer 1min - 1min 30 seconds

9. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    A 1.5 minute cooldown wouldn't change anything. People would still have resistance from the gapple, and they could use regs for the minute or so that the regen effect isn't on. A 30 minute cooldown would prevent people from gap spamming, which is the main issue.

1frame likes this.
  10. 1frame

lucas__sims
    That seems, with all due respect, quite pointless. After eating a gapple, you are practically invincible for 30 seconds. If you need to eat a god apple once every 1min - 1min 30 seconds, please kindly uninstall the game. I wish there was a dislike button.

gosh you are so smart

11. NewYorkKido

Hey Subsequents,

I completely disagree with this idea because i am one of the gap spammers and I would not like to be killed by a hacker in Ancient/Myth Armor, Gaps can keep us safe from hackers even if a better anti-cheat is being added in. What if the anti-cheat didn't detect the hacker in time and you get killed in p5, because you couldn't gapple and you had no more health pots in your inventory, even if you had crapples the hacker would most likely kill you in time.

12. 1frame

lucas__sims
    As I previously said, hackers are a different issue. If you could just take the time to read previous replies, you would not have needed to post this. Please read replies before adding useless replies to farm forum posts.

13. Departition_

this problem can be easily solved if you just make everyone on the server have res 24/7 just like how everyone gets night vision 24/7

14. RigBot

RigBot
    When you're getting bhopped on by 3 cheaters; ehh, it's fine I'll just gap; -poll goes through-

RigBot: fuck

15. Mqney

how about they just step up and fix the hacker issue. You can't deny a good idea because of something that can be fixed even with a shitty anticheat

Daddy_cox likes this.
  16. Daddy_cox

honestly people rely on gaps ttoo much and it isn't fun bc can just gap spam

17. Departition_

I think adding that everyone the server automatically has gap res 24/7 should be added if the grapple cool down gets added

18. NonLegitWaffle

either remove res or give everyone res and I fully support a gap cooldown

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.