Friend Suggestion

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by iSloth, Mar 17, 2020.

1. iSloth

iSloth
    Hello!
    In my opinion, the friend system on MCC is very good (save /msgfr) and is better than a lot of server's systems. However, I believe that there is a very important feature that the friend system is missing.
    Usually, you friend someone because, well, you are friends with them! That probably means you enjoy playing games with them or talking to them. That's why there should be a /friend notify command.

How would it work?
    Whenever you type that command it will toggle notifications when a specific friend joins the server. For example, /friend notify alex_markey (or all) would give a little chat message when the player alex_markey (or any friend when you toggle "all") logs on. Basically, it lets you know when a friend joins so you can do stuff with them, because who really does /friend list every 5 mintues?

I personally think this would be a great feature, but feel free to critique me or add to anything I've said in the replies! Have a wonderful day!

2. 89p

89p

89p
    Howdy iSloth!

I believe this would make a fantastic addition to the friends system on MC Central. I like the idea of only notifying you of certain people too. +1 all the way for me!

Have a nice day :)

Laziih, mxbel and iSloth like this.
  3. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
    Hey iSloth, I totally agree with you for the friend's suggestion idea. The reason for this so I will know when my friends join the server. Also, I think have the /friend notify (username) is an excellent addition to the friend plugin thing. Having the command to toggle on and off will be useful so you will not get those constantly. You can toggle the command when you want to notify when the friend you want to be notified when they join the server by using that command. Overall it is a +1 for the friend suggestion idea and have a good day or night.

FireBubbles, mxbel and iSloth like this.
  4. guih

guihzy
    Hey
    This is a great suggestion and I don’t see any negative points on it, personally I’d love to get notifications when my friends get on. I see this as a useful feature for the staff team, since we have ourselves added, and whenever we need someone we can just see if they’ve gotten on recently by the message in your suggestion.
    +1

mxbel, iSloth and ThorKingOfAsgard like this.
  5. BabyJuice

BabyJuice
    Hey there!,
    I 100% agree that this is very useful towards all players. This will help friends of players and other players in need of eachother when needed, I also suggest that /friend seen should be added, which says when they were last seen and which gamemode they were on.

mxbel, iSloth and ThorKingOfAsgard like this.
  6. Pinkapie

Pinkapie
    Hi!
    literally LOVE this suggestion. I have actually been quite confused as to why this hasn’t already become a feature. As to what Baby Baby said, I agree that /friend seen would be extremely helpful as well. Great suggestion!
    Have a lovely day (:

iSloth likes this.
  7. Lunatix

lunatix
    Hey!,
    I really like the sound of this suggestion and I hope it does get added and I really like the suggestion that Baby Baby said that you can see when they were last online and what gamemode they were in. Have a lovely day! :D

ThorKingOfAsgard and iSloth like this.
  8. Jacombre

Jacombre
    howdy, i agree with you that it should be implemented but I think there should definitely be a way to disable it, along with that context I have seen some other people wanting a friend reply to command and I definitely think both of these suggestions should be implemented
    bye bye

iSloth likes this.
  9. beeankah

beeankah
    I completetly agree! Its definitely quite irritating when you need to flick through friend lists to see who's online, but being able to see when the friend joins would be so much easier! And if this feature was added I think there should 100% be an option where you can toggle and enable this with a simple command if the joining ever gets annoying. Thank you and a brilliant idea! <3
    p.s a definite +1 Baby Baby's idea to /friend seen too

~ have a lovely day ~

mxbel likes this.
  10. Laziih

shqn_
    Hey :)

This is a nice idea, would be good to know when your friends log on! As you say don't want to be checking friends list every 5 minutes to see who's on. +1

mxbel likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.