Free Rank Implementation

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Yellow, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Yellow

Yellxw_
    This is an idea I have had for a long time, and I have seen other servers implement it with different ways. Obviously ranks are a very important part of a server, as they generate income so that servers can stay afloat. However not everyone can get a rank as not everyone has enough money or their parents won't allow it. However many servers have a "free rank" system, which I think will be nice for MCC to have. The system works by giving active and long lasting players benefits without the need to spend any money. The ranks that are given out in this system are not able to be purchased on the store and players that have already spend money on a rank will automatically get the benefits of these ranks. Free ranks can be given out on any basis, the most common is their playtime however can also be their MCC Player Level or even their join date. Some examples of the benefits of these free ranks can be; access to special kits on factions, have their own mines in prison, have access to 2 plots in Creative and could also have /fly in the lobbies. They could also unlock special cosmetics and items. The perks could be endless, and it really gives a sense of appreciation for players as they feel like the server really cares that they play on here. Of course their could be negatives with this system however in my opinion it could be a great addition to MCC. Please let me know your thoughts below, I would love to hear them!

2. Nikki_

Nikki_
    Hey There,
    Without being too harsh, I can't ever see this becoming a thing. People have suggested making rank purchase through Minigames credits a thing, which was heavily rejected as it provides a far too overpowered way to get ranked perks, which is unfair. As you mentioned receiving perks based on playtime, this would definitely not work either, as players will just afk to look like they're really active. I can also see why this wouldn't work as players would quite easily be able to get maxed ranks on their alts, if they all joined long enough ago. I can understand how this would be a good thing to implement with the sense that players will enjoy themselves more with a rank if they aren't able to purchase one, however it would defeat the value and purpose of having the rank its self.
    Thanks,
    Nikki

3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    no -1
    mcc has sales every moth and even in between ones in between those months and at holidays. ranks can be as low as 2.50 usd (usually during christmas/holiday sales, but theyve stopped doing as much 50% sales w/i past years)
    if players cant get ranks becaues their parrents dont allow it, theres plenty of irl deals that can take place.. and although some irl deals may seem a little p2w since the ranks def give you benefits... thats kinda what youre suggesting you just grind mcc for a said rank. maybe prison isnt the bet place for irl deals since the ratio is so high, but in survival you can make so much money so easily even w/o leaving spawn (proven by some kid who made a challenge outa it)
    voting helps to. it can help u make bank for irl deals or you can sweat the voting to get top voter gift card.. also theres plenty of events that give awawy giftcards.. like and i think it has become a lil more common after the fact when comm events team got like a budget per month insstea od having to use thier own giftcards
    theres so many alternatives to get a rank besides actually paying your money, i dont see why a rfree rank would be added.

gn

4. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    Basically this exact same idea has already been brought up in this thread. I'll quote what I responded on that thread, as I feel it's equally relevant here.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.