FORUM POLL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bypaths, Jul 22, 2019.

?

What Forums do you like more?

1. The New Forums

75.0%
  2. The Old Forums

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanDictionaryy

It may take some getting used to, but I like the new forums better than the old.

puposaurus likes this.
  2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    i enjoy both enjin and xeferno ‘cause i’ve used xeferno for other minecraft communities before. i voted on the old forums solely because i’d say i’m one of those people who don’t like change n’ all that. i also liked enjin cuz i had a dope banner :)

thanks for making this thread, n’ have one hell of a day
    ~papa saurus

edit: ig the filter doesn’t allow one of the words i said, so i just deleted it :/

3. Dog7000

Couldn't have said it any better than @UnlimitedHealth! I'm a big fan over Xenforo than Enjin and one of the reasons being is what Health stated above about people were able to get away with more on their wall. I'm glad they kept the traditional colors when designing the site and made improvements from there. Overall, I think this was a good step in the right direction!

4. 4151

Hey there bypaths,
    In my opinion I think the new forums because it feels more smooth to me I don't know why haha.
    I like how you get to type more because it's easier and faster than picking it.
    Thanks
    Have a lovely day or night
    --==FireyGast Immortal==--

5. Jdow

Jdow
    Any sort of change takes some getting used to and going from Enjin to Xenforo will definitely take some people some time to get used to and to get their head around but overall it has definitely been the best choice for MCC. The new site is way more modern and simply better than what was set up with Enjin. In the long run, I think it will undoubtedly prove to have been a step forward.

puposaurus likes this.
  6. bypaths

bypaths Guest

I completely agree with you, change is difficult for everyone and it takes getting used to, although I am very upset with the fact that they could not find a way to make enjin and xenforo compatible.

7. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew
    Thanks for overall agreeing with me. I do agree it was the right-step.

8. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    I prefer Xenforo by a landslide, many of the bigger servers on MC use Xenforo and very few of them still use Enjin or anything other than Xenforo. I think this is way easier to navigate through and looks more nicer and professional.

9. Zonafer

Zonafer
    Hopefully, some small tweaks are made and features added (*cough* assigning characters), but other than that, I think Xenforo is a much nicer solution to the forums than Enjin ever was. Once the big things and (hopefully) a mobile app is figured out, I'm sure that the forums will feel like home.

10. Joshy

Although I do miss all my old posts and stats, I greatly appreciate having this new place. Looks 10x better, and works 10x better

11. TheTNTPotato

TheTNTPotato
    Enjin was definitely a nice stepping-stone since it used to be super popular but I agree with a lot of people who say that this new forum is an improvement. It's a big change since all the old forum posts and stats are gone but it's kinda paving the path towards MCC improving. I personally like that we have forum reports back since that's what the old forums had during it's prime. It's really nostalgic for people who were around during those days!

It'll take some getting used to and there's a lot of things that need to be sorted out still, but at the very least we'll have new information from guides and new people to make them which gives people more chances to shine. There's definitely a lot of great things about Enjin that aren't here, but Xenforo also has a ton of great features that Enjin doesn't have.

Invader likes this.
  12. Haers

Haers
    I would say I prefer Xenforo. I’ve used both enjin and xenforo, but xenforo always seemed better for me. Enjin needs a really big update and a complete revamp in order to compete with this forum, they are really outdated.

13. Spud

Honestly I think it was a waste of time moving to this forum. Enjin worked fine for what MCC needed and the players already knew their way around it. Their reasoning for moving was actually trash.

Yes players did not like the old forums as much as they did when that shit was new but you also have to remember that people mostly just hate MCC. The numbers of active users on the forums wasn’t dropping because of enjin. It was 100% because players were moving away from MCC.

14. bypaths

bypaths Guest

Yes I can agree with you in many ways but I still think these new forums are cleaner and easier to work with!

15. WolfgangLP

WolfgangLP
    I think the new forums looks a lot more “crisp and clean” so to speak. They worked really hard on it and it definitely paid off, and plus it’s only in the early stages so I can’t wait to see what else they made got add/change.

Ps-

16. Kane

Kane
    Indeed, I also feel much more confident posting in this forums rather than the old one. Although it will take sometime for us, players, to get the hang of it; I think it's worth it.

Curious likes this.
  17. Flumes

Flumes
    I actually like the new forums. It looks way better than the old one on enjin. Gonna miss our old enjin walls / forum posts but that is something that doesn't matter all that much. Glad MCC made the change to Xenforo​

18. Kyee__

Kyee__
    Hey, i honestly like the old site better.. but it is good to have a change & also enjin is very outdated, Xenforo is newer obviously and i think it has more customisation etc. But yeah... we will see how it goes!

19. bypaths

bypaths Guest

I completely agree with you although I am still trying to make my decision on whats better!

20. bypaths

bypaths Guest

Any other suggestions you think mcc could add to the new site?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.