Fixes for UHC

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Spikemc, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Spikemc

So I've played UHC for about five years now played on hundreds of servers and I just started playing on here a few days ago and here are just some suggestions that will help UHC greatly.
    -People should be able to build near 0,0 ; if people are doing things that disrupt the gameplay have a mod remove whatever they are doing but building at 0,0 is essential. You can't even place a water bucket which is ridiculous and I see no need for this rule in place.
    -Spectating; don't allow it if ghosting is not allowed because I'm sorry to tell you but people are not honest they will ghost for teammates and nobody will now if the person does not show it either by streaming or in a video so if spectating is on make ghosting allowed too, even if it is just 100x100 or 500x500 it would be better because people are going to abuse it anyways. (Badlion, the largest uhc server to ever exist, had it where the higher the rank the more you could spectate).
    -Game Time, it might be a good idea to count up instead of down and have a reminder like border will shrink in x minutes or game will end in x minutes just as a reminder on the screen because it looks kinda weird rn.
    -Have absorption health show above a person's name right now players if they are above 20 hearts it does not show in fact it doesn't show at all.
    -Host more than one game a day maybe two-four as it will give more players a chance to try it out. (Three would be good imo)
    -Don't screenshare unless you have reason if the mods don't see anything bad then don't screenshare. I have experienced this first hand. Fifteen of my kills had hackusated me and I got screenshared for it. I was streaming and using BLC so it felt like an unnecessary invasion of my privacy.
    -Idk if this is there but I couldn't find it. Add a UHC config so players know about what is in the game like what do the gamemodes mean, is nether on, are horses on, when is pvp on, when does border shrink, when does it stop shrinking stuff like that.
    -Make levels drop for kills! I can't stress how important that is. Players should drop atleast 5 of their levels or if they don't have five whatever is left. UHC is supposed to reward kills and right now it doesn't. Even if you were to make it so players dropped a few gold on death so players could continue to kill players instead of having to go cave right away.
    -Host games with more than two gamemodes from time to time.
    -Host games at primetime so for NA it would be around 3:30-4:30 EST and EU I'm not entirely sure where most of your EU player base is from but try and find their peak times too.

That's all for me but I think this would be a significant improvement to UHC and would get more players to try your UHC games and your server.

-Thanks, Spike

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    heyo bucko. spike*
    i can see where you come from for most of these posts. i used to play a lot of uhc on many different servers, and after playing uhc on mcc, i can understand what you mean on how mcc’s uhc lacks a little.
    i’m not quite sure why this is a rule, and i don’t see the harm in why they have it to where you’re not allowed to place blocks at 0,0. but i could be wrong or there is a valid reason. // +1
    although ghosting is a p bad problem w/i uhc. i don’t quite agree with removing spectating. staff need to spectate to watch for hacking, x-raying, etc. also, i know some people just like speccing more than actually playing. even if it were to be set that only staff members can specc, there’s always a possibility that one of ‘em can help out a buddy and ghost... it might not be as much as other people, but it’s still kinda ghosting.
    iyour idea about “higher the rank, the more you can spectate” can be argued that mcc is just more p2w. i don’t think it’s a bad idea, it’s just that mcc would get another reason for lower ranks and default ranks to complain that it’s p2w.
    i think the problem with counting up instead of down is that mcc has a set amount of time/timer or whatever. also, having it cut up could put the mindset that there isn’t so much a set time and it’s just game is over until there’s only one player/team left standing. im sure there’s a better reason of why counting up instead of down wouldn’t be implemented, but that’s all i got for ya’ ig. // -1
    uhc games restart every 17hrs. so theoretically there is more than 1game per day, but they’re not so much at realistic times for someone to grind. i think having it on a timer kinda makes it a ‘lil more fair-ish instead of set tiems everyday. // -1

overall, i don’t think all of these ideas are bad, i just don’t see them happening.
    i hope this helped; i know my explaintions weren’t in that much detail. if you have any questions or i missunderstood something, i don’t mind re exposing/re writing out something..
    okieoki. have a good day
    ~pup

3. Spikemc

Thanks for the feedback and most of the reasons u stated for the above not working make sense except for the one about less times because they should have games throughout the day. I don't see a huge problem with 1-2 more games a day so more people can experience this especially with school coming up too. With ghosting though people aren't honest so I think they should either allow it or make it so only staff spectate which is what all uhc servers have I mean hypixel allows ghosting as well. There are going to be people who ghost for their friends but they will only get caught by streaming or posting themselves doing it in a recording.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.