Few small Overworld(Survival) tweakings

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Markios, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Markios

- Mobs rate of spawning - would recommend increase it just a tiny tiny bit(right now mob farms feels quite slow).

- Often i miss some private messages because i havent looked at the chat, a (bop) sound everytime someone private message you with /msg and /r would be helpful.

- Book and quill - not allowed.
    I suggest to allow them, i dont see why they are not allowed, they are pretty useful.

- Claim blocks that you get by doing stuff, i suggest increasing the number just a little(for example, instead of 20claim blocks/h , make it 40claim blocks/h.

This is probably the best survival server i joined with a nice community and some help when needed is offered by players so i think these small tweakings would be cool to have.

2. Ursa

Increased mod spawning would also increase server lag. The 'bop' every time someone messages you would get annoying really fast if you are actively messaging them. Book and quill are disabled to prevent dups and exploits, and I don't see a problem with the last one

3. Markios

Ok got it, the last one is about Claim blocks, you can barelly get any claim blocks in 1 hour( i think you get 50max)

I know you can vote and get more, i did, but still feels kinda slow if i wanna build bigger lands.
    I bought claim blocks and i still need more as a beginner.

Also i wanna add another suggestion:

- creating a new /command that allows players to Advertise their stuff once per hour. (a message will appear after you try to post the same message both times) : You can only advertise once per hour.(Red text).

The (bop) sound effect can also be customizable with a ON or OFF sound button (for player prefference).

The server performs really well from my experience, i havent noticed any major lag since i started, 9/10 when it comes to server performance. (theres plenty of room to increase mob spawn rate, i suggested just a bit since im pretty sure it wont affect server performance to a point where it can be noticeble).

example:

mob-spawn-rate 25

modified :

mob-spawn-rate 30.

#3 Markios, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  4. ray01

ray01
    Hello!

1. We did fix the spawn rate at the start of the season so you just need to sit there and afk for it to work.

2. A bop noise would be your client side it cannot be server side.

3.Book and quill are disabled everywhere on mcc not just survival for so many reasons I wont get into

4. You could also vote to get claim blocks and buy from other players on auction house by advertising in chat that you need them.

These would be good suggestions but we do handle to the best of our knowledge. Let me know if you need anymore help!

randyhotel, Lxvely and Markios like this.
  5. Trainsgender

Trainsgender
    For the claim blocks I'd say things are OK like they are. I currently have around 10k unused claim blocks, and I'm not playing so often that I get insane amounts of claim blocks. You might not have enough claim blocks to claim bigger areas, but I'd say if you want to build bigger structures, you can buy claim blocks. Claim blocks are an important driver of the economy.

6. Markios

I agree 80% but i've noticed making money to buy claim blocks is also kinda hard. If you afk for about 1 hour you'll get like around 40claim blocks or a bit more(I didnt tested) and while your doing stuff, around 50+/h.

Even as a new player, with only 200 claim blocks you can barelly build a small house to store ur starter stuff, then u have to wait to get more claim blocks+money make space for farms.

Also, staff is pretty helpful and nice people, i told them i wanna build on a big land and if smaller claims are made around it, he can take care of them. But i cant build farms on unclaimed land, people gonna pass around and destroy it.
    Anyway, i get your point, also the farms feels a bit slow, if i want to mend a full set of armor gear+ tools its gonna take me 1 hour + to mend all. Because (for example) enderfarms drop a stack of mobs once per 10-15sec.

7. Trainsgender

Trainsgender
    Making money really isn't too hard. I am not too active and I currently have around $ 1.5 million. When it comes to jobs, Miner and Fisherman will bring in money the easiest, but really the quickest way to make money is by voting for the server.

As a new player, I'd suggest starting with a small claim; while building your house and gathering resources, you'll earn claim blocks from the play time. Then you can gradually extend your claim. But again, claim blocks are an important part of the economy.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.