End Game

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by zak_warrior, Nov 10, 2019.

1. zak_warrior

OK this season was tough... there we go i said it.

Please hear me out as one small change would have helped the end game massively

I tottaly get the hopper limit was implemented this season to help decrease lag BUT when spawner limit hits 1500 (z8) 450 hoppers just cant cut it.

1500 spawners will fill 450 chests in 4 - 5 hrs !!

Now i play alot , i log on literally as much as i can and have done for many years but even i need to sleep more that 5 hrs , i also have a social life and work...so my punishment for getting to the endgame was a slow down in my ability to achieve it. profit shops helped as the chests got cleared for me but for next season this small oversight of only increasing hopper count by 50 but increasing spawner limit by 750 or 1500 per prestige does need addressing.

I am not talking a huge amount and it wont affect lag as were only talking a handful of players here but its rude to punish success :)

Many thanks
    Zak

PS love you all

2. Ankh

Ankh
    Simple solution; get an alt, login with a console client, teleport it to where everything drops and set it to run "/sell all" every few minutes. Works like a charm. Your chances of getting caught are slim to none, granted your plot has everyone denied and the alt isn't in plain sight.
    This is a joke obviously. Or is it...?

First off, I'd like to address the title; there really is no "end game" wall for prison. That's the entire point of grind-based games, they just go on indefinitely. Second, while I can agree with what you said about it not being fast enough, like you also mentioned the limit was put in place to reduce lag. It might seem like not enough to you in particular, but keep in mind you're on the very high-end of things. Also as you mentioned it doesn't have to be increased by a huge amount, but if it wasn't increased by a huge amount then you would barely even notice a difference. Say they changed it from 450 to 500 (+50 hoppers), that would mean 50 more chests, and like you said 450 chests can fill in 4-5 hours. Increasing the hopper limit by 1/9 would give you maybe another half hour at best. On the flip side, though, if they increase it too much, it will just cause more issues with lag. If they were to double the limit, think of that as twice as many hoppers being placed, which would make the lag from hoppers twice as bad.

Personally I think it would do better if there was some kind of "bottomless chest" item feature implmented where you could fill it as much as you want and take from/store in it as you please. Only catch would be that it can only hold one type of any given item at a time. Could make these an uncommon/rare reward from Ancient Chests. This way the hopper limits could be lowered even further, as well as people with 1500 spawner farms only needing to use like 10-20 hoppers at most, which would both cause tremendous efforts to reducing lag. Either this or remote hoppers, where you could link, say, 100 chests to a single hopper, and have it fill those chests with the items it picks up in the order that you selected them.

OwenCW, Zonafer, iluvu and 1 other person like this.
  3. zak_warrior

Well for me end game is Z9 , its what we strive to achieve in prison and upon multiple people reaching it...well that normally coincidences with prison reset. i then might take a run at baltop but i prefer to help others achieve their own goals.

The current hopper limit is close to perfect and a small change to the numbers when you hit z8 and z9 are all that is needed. Currently in P1 that affects 4 players so its not going to make a lag fest , it will just enable the top players to benefit from the very rewards of ranking up. I would love to add more spawners to my main plot but their is zero point as i cant walk away from my pc for more than 4 hours as it is.

Z7 -750 spawners 400 hoppers is fine
    Z8 - 1500 spawners 450 hoppers needs to be about 750
    z9 - 3000 spawners 500 hoppers needs to be about 1000

Dont get me wrong ankh i love the idea of your system just its not quick to implement , they could do this with the click of a button (im not expecting them to)

More to the point of the post is to point out the system currently is good , its not perfect and i suspect they didn't run the numbers so someone needs to tell them !

And whoever that was with the simple solution i love it , thought about it but realised a ban hammer would come my way if i tried it :P

Lets fix it within the rules and make it possible for everyone :)

4. W5vil

W5vil
    First off, there is only a small player base that will ever need that many spawners/hoppers, mostly because most players don't grind as much as u zak. ON the other hand, I agree, based on what you are saying, those changes do need to be fixed. But once again, I don't believe that I will even encounter the problem of having too many spawners. xD!

OwenCW likes this.
  5. dkkim54

I agree with zak. You only see this really at prestige 8 and 9 but at that point there aren't enough chests to hold the drops due to the hopper limit. It should be increased Another thing that might help would be have a much wider range of spawners prices/drops. Currently the more expensive spawners give better yield. If this were reversed and the more expensive spawners gave a bit less yield (but took up less total space - sort of like stacked spawners) For example
    Spawner.......Cost........Tokens........Drop Sell Price.......Sell Price/Spawner ratio * 1 mil
    Witch.... .......25 mil .....75................170........................6.8
    IronGolem....20 mil .....75.................140........................7.0
    Zombie.........15 mil .....60 ................105 ...................... 7.0
    Creeper ........10 mil .... 60 ................75 ........................7.5
    Skeleton.........5 mil ..... 50 ................40 ........................8.0
    ZombiePig......4 mil ..... 40 ................32 ........................8.0
    MagmaCube..3 mil ......30 .................25 .......................8.3
    Enderman......2.5m ..... 25 ................23 ........................8.6
    Spider............2.0m...... 20 ................18 ........................9.0
    Slime.............1.8m ......18 ................16.6 .................... 9.2
    Squid.............1.6 m .....16 ................15 ....................... 9.4
    Ocelet ...........1.4m ......14 ................13.4 .....................9.6
    Sheep.............1.2m .....12 ................11.8 .................... 9.8
    Mooshroom....1.0m .....10 .................10 .......................10
    Chicken...........900k ..... 9 ...................9 .......................10
    Horse..............800k ......8 ...................8 ........................10
    Cow................700k ......7....................7 ........................10
    Rabbit ............600k ......6 ...................6 ........................10
    Pig..................500k ......5 ...................5 ........................10

As you can see the amount you get back as you get better spawners compared to the spawner price comes down but u need fewer spawners and each one yields more.
    Just a thought . this would also increase spawners in ah as people got more money and sold lower spawners to buy better ones.

#5 dkkim54, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    xStrafings and OwenCW like this.
  6. xStrafings

Strafinqs
    First of all Ankh stop promoting illegal gameplay to good people :(

Also dkkim recruit of epic gang :) I agree I think that pres 7, 8, and 9 should have high more hoppers so you can have more chests also i agree with you zak.

Also one epic thing that money gang :) figured out was that if you have 50/50 of a spawner it will bypass the hoppers and it will make it so there can be 8 or 16 forget which number can go into hopper might be 12, but it will have 12 of each and it doubles chest filling so if hoppers are getting clogged use this.

Personaly I think that spawner drop selling price or even better drop % chance should be cut in half, and so should the prestige needs, so 1.5x more money each prestige, to make prisons a little less spawner based and more mining base. Also I know this would be difficult for vislo to code and all, but maybe add more prestiges and make 1-9 less money but have same hopper limit. This will also fix the issue in a good way.

Love you to zak

-xStrafings
    Leader of money

7. JimmieFalcon

+1 Exactly right zak. defo spawner limit needs to increase for prestige 8 & 9.

8. JustANoob

thanos snapped, he said he wants season2 to come back

9. zak_warrior

that was the toughest season to Z9..

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.