Enchantments on the Unbreakable Pickaxe should be changeable

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by xUntidy, Feb 6, 2020.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. xUntidy

fatbananaguy
    Hello everyone,
    I was busy mining today and I was able to get another fortune level out of my 3 upgrade points. While I was about to upgrade to fortune, I realized what if I accidentally got token detector instead or something, which made me want to make this post.

I think that there should be a plugin where people are allowed to change the upgrade of an unbreakable pickaxe. This will work by simply doing a command or going to /warp enchant to click on a villager or a sign to exchange the points of the enchant on an unbreakable pickaxe for tokens. Once changed you would get the upgrade points so you can get the right enchantment.

This will help players to not have to grind more levels to get the enchantment they want and also make another use of tokens as I always have spare.

Thanks for reading and have a good one!
    ~fatbananaguy

2. PistolPet

PistolPet
    Hi xUntidy!
    I understand what you mean and why you are making this post. It is very stressful to choose the wrong item or enchant by pressing the wrong button but for this, I don't agree with the idea.
    This is because it is essentially taking back the responsibility of choice-making. What this means is you kind of have a second hand whenever you make any decision such as that which if they added for this, they would have to add it to everything like coinflip, buying items on the store, to even things like selling items/ores and everything else which would make the server a lot less fun mainly because it will take a lot more time for everything to be done.
    The other problem I see is that it is very exploitable and can cause lots of bugs. Something similar happened on KitPvP where you would do some kind of trade back by purchasing XP bottles and putting them into an anvil/villager and the XP would multiply in a huge quantity.
    Basically, people will find issues such as duplication methods and bypassing the plugin.
    The last problem I see with this is that simply, different upgrades have a different value. For example, one upgrade takes 2 points while the other takes 4.
    What they could do if it isn't already implemented is adding a GUI that pops up asking if they're sure or not to make the decision to upgrade/buy ext.
    Have a great day!

ssophiie likes this.
  3. ssophiie

ssophiie
    I completely agree! If you were able to change the set upgrades then it would just be easily abused in multiple ways. I like it the way it is as it means you have to decide what route you go down with the pickaxe to make the most of your points whilst fitting it to your needs. It ruins it if you can just change it at anytime.

xUntidy likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.