Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Enchanting: Revisited

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abbs, Sep 30, 2020.

1. abbs

Abbskababs
    Hello!
    =================================================================================

Today i'll be revisiting a thread i made a while ago in the prison general discussion titled "Enchanting On Prison: A Guide?", The thread in question was made up of some tips i had learned that i thought might be useful to others. Since creating the thread i have came across some new tips and tricks so i'll be revising the previous thread!

As i mentioned in the previous thread some of these tips require the use of the /bottle command and as such would in most case mean you'd need a rank to use them. There is ways around this however as you could ask someone to collect the xp and bottle it for you for in game money/items. Parts containing tips that use /bottle with be Purple!

The
    /Bottle command is available on:
    • Prison: Requires Diamond Rank.
    • KitPvp: Requires Coal Rank.
    =================================================================================
    Simple Tips And Tricks!
    ==========================================================================

This part of the thread will be made up of simple tips and tricks that will help you with your enchanting and repairing anywhere on the server!

Enchanting set up part 1:

• First and for most, if you do not have an enchanting area available in a plot (Kitpvp for example) or you just don't want to set one up you can use the commands /warp enchant and /warp anvil. These commands will take you to the respective areas. I would not encourage you to use /warp enchant and to do your enchanting in your plot when possible as it is pretty easy to drop items and have someone else pick them up. /Warp anvil on the other hand is very useful as it can be quite costly and annoying to continuously replace anvils, as i mentioned previously its still very possible to lose items to this method too.
    Enchanting set up part 2:
    • When you are setting up your enchanting table there is a few things that you need to be sure of. One: You Need to ensure you have enough bookcases around the table, You'll need a minimum of 15 to get the best possible enchants (Level 3 enchants). You will also need to ensure there is nothing in the way of the set up!
    This is an example of a working Enchanting set up:
    https://gyazo.com/415a6d3b2e5cfd09c320832ffa2f1a9e

This is an example of a set up that wont work:
    https://gyazo.com/79996c07ed1aa1e5ff263a7639ba4380

Even though there is 16 bookshelves surrounding the enchanting table the diamond and lapis blocks obstructing the set up make it drop down to 20 levels (You want it to be 30 Levels for the best enchants)

When a table is able to enchant up to level 30 it should look like this:
    https://gyazo.com/e79b7834e96f1818096c921ed06e7dbd

Making P4:
    • Keep in mind when you are aiming to make protection IV armor that 2 protection III enchants can be combined to create protection IV. The most desirable crafted protections IV should have: Unbreaking III and Protection IV.
    Try and avoid enchants like Thorns I and Thorns II as these will break faster.

(Thorns can damage the player/mob attacking you but it comes at a cost, as a counter effect it takes extra damage when the enchant works. It will Break faster and will require you to repair more often. Its also more expensive to combine as its adding an additional enchant)

Enchanting armour can be tricky, If you do not see an option for Protection III or Protection IV does not always mean its not protection. If the Enchant is Unbreaking III or Feather falling IV for example they could still be Protection IV so if thats an option it can be worth trying. If you would rather be certain of the enchant you can try switching it out for something else (Ie. A bow or Sword, this can sometimes give you good enchants) and refresh the table.

Going back to what i mentioned about protection III, You will not be able to combine the armour from the Bedrock and Legend kits as they are not actually real enchants (what i mean by that is they exist from commands and are not made from an enchanting table, put it in a anvil with another Protection III and you will just get P3 back) So if you do not fight with Protection III it may not be worth keeping around.

Another smaller tip, Keep in mind if you get a bad enchant you can combine it with another one in a crafting table to get back a un-enchanted one. You can keep this to enchant again or use it to repair items of the same type!

Repairing / Combining Items:

• If you are playing a sub-server where you have easy access to diamonds it is better to repair your broken armour and tools with the respective armour or tool. When you use diamonds it may be cheaper in the sense of it saves you diamonds but when you repair with a piece of armour it saves you 2 levels. (if you are repairing a chest plate with diamonds and it costs 35 levels to repair you'll be wasting 288 xp, which is 14 levels. In my opinion it justify's repairing with another piece of armour)

When you are combining two items (ie A Sharpness III, Fire Aspect III and Unbreaking III sword with A Sharpness III, Fire Aspect sword) try switching them around with each other as it most of the time will have a cheaper or more expensive combo.

============================================================================

/Bottle Tips!

Okay, So as i mentioned before this part of the thread will in most cases require a rank unless you can buy xp from someone else!

Step One:

• First thing you're gonna need to do is locate somewhere you can get xp, this can either be from spawners or a sell shop. You will need to bottle a few specific numbers for this to work. You will need to bottle 27 levels (1089 xp) or 30 levels (1396 xp). This will be the levels you start with and will add to. Next you're gonna need to collect some more xp and bottle into bottles of 307 xp (its a little over 14 levels) and you will need as many of these as you see fit. Next make sure you have everything you are going to need to enchant, for example: Lapis, Books and Armor.
    Step Two:
    Now that you have everything ready you will need to move your xp into your hot bar, if you started with 27 levels you will need to splash yourself with one of your 307 xp bottles. This will give you 30 levels, if you started with 30 levels you will need to do your first enchant and then take the same steps. Each time you enchant an item you'll need to splash a new bottle of 307 xp on yourself to bring you back to 30 levels.

Why Should You Waste time doing this?
    As you probably know the higher the level you have in your experience bar the more xp it'll take to reach the next level. With this in mind lets look at some numbers!

100 Levels. 30,975 xp in your experience bar. When you enchant with 100 levels from your experience bar you'll be able to get a total of 24 Level 3 enchants. This doesn't seem like much when you consider how long it takes to grind out that much xp.

100 Levels. 30,975 xp bottled into 1 bottle of 27 Levels and the rest bottled into 307 xp bottles. When you enchant with 100 levels bottled how i explained in the steps above you'll be able to get roughly 97 level 3 enchants. This is a huge improvement and is why it is worth spending the extra bit of time required to bottle xp and splash it on yourself.

That brings me to the end of this section of the thread!

Xp Values!

This is just going to be a list of xp values that may be useful for repairing or storing xp!
    • 7 xp: 1 Level
    • 16 xp: 2 Levels
    • 27 xp: 3 Levels
    • 40 xp: 4 levels
    • 55 xp: 5 Levels
    • 72 xp: 6 Levels
    • 91 xp: 7 Levels
    • 112 xp: 8 Levels
    • 135 xp: 9 Levels
    • 160 xp: 10 Levels
    • 187 xp: 11 Levels
    • 216 xp: 12 Levels
    • 247 xp: 13 Levels
    • 280 xp: 14 Levels
    • 315 xp: 15 Levels
    • 352 xp: 16 Levels
    • 394 xp: 17 Levels
    • 441 xp: 18 Levels
    • 493 xp: 19 Levels
    • 550 xp: 20 Levels
    • 612 xp: 21 Levels
    • 679 xp: 22 Levels
    • 751 xp: 23 Levels
    • 828 xp: 24 Levels
    • 910 xp: 25 Levels
    • 998 xp: 26 Levels
    • 1089 xp: 27 Levels
    • 1186 xp: 28 Levels
    • 1289 xp: 29 Levels
    • 1396 xp: 30 Levels
    • 1508 xp: 31 Levels
    • 1628 xp: 32 Levels
    • 1758 xp: 33 Levels
    • 1898 xp: 34 Levels
    • 2046 xp: 35 Levels
    • 30,975 xp: 100 Levels
    Conclusion!

Okay, You finally reached the end of this thread! It took a while to make this thread so i hope it'll help y'all! Any feed back or other tips would be much appreciated, Thanks for reading!

~ Abbs | Haxi

JoaoOssucci and Swinger like this.
  2. | Hey,

This would come in handy (if I want to play MCC again.) But thank you for making this guide, it would and should help newbies.

You would never take over my guides!!!

| ~Thanks!

abbs likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.