Eliminating Sky BLock 2

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by SweatyDreamer, Nov 12, 2020.

?

Do you think skyblock 2 should be removed?

1. Yes, there should be only 1 skyblock!

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, having 2 skyblock servers is beneficial and wanted.

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweatyDreamer

SweatyDreamer
    As we near the end of the season for skyblock, many people are anticipating the next season of skyblock in order to have a fresh start to their skyblock island. Though many people are anticipating the upcoming reset that will come in the foreseeable future, it is evident that the skyblock community has decreased significantly over the past few years. Many known faces have quit and the skyblock community as a whole has shrunk leaving, with skyblock 1 having at max 100 people and skyblock 2 barely having 20 players on at the busiest times. A few seasons ago due to the decreasing community, the skyblock subservers decreased from 3 to 2 subservers in order to consolidate the communities and keep the remaining servers alive. As we go into season 11 of skyblock, I believe that skyblock should eliminate skyblock 2 as well to consolidate the players into one subserver.

As a player who played on top islands on Skyblock 1 and is currently on the number 1 island on Skyblock 2, I have found many members of the skyblock 2 community have been visiting skyblock 1 frequently to have a community that hasn't died off yet. Whether it is to pvp, restart a new island, or to just talk with other players, skyblock 2 has become a subserver that players barely go to especially during the end of the season.

Eliminating skyblock 2 would allow for those players who want to play competitively to have more teams to play against. In addition the community as a whole would grow as the players aren't split between two subservers, which should hopefully rejuvenate Skyblock once again. The players who play skyblock just for the joy of playing skyblock would not be affected as they will be able to play the good old skyblock regardless of which subserver they would have joined.

Yesoori likes this.
  2. Unadvised

Unadvised
    People like the smaller community feel of skyblock 2. I've actually suggested in the past to make skyblock 2 totally different than 1. This time of the year is always lower in player count. Its also lower because its the 5th month of the map. I don't think combining the servers would help anything right now and I would rather see skyblock 2 totally different than 1.

Yesoori, Incarnati0n_ and Xermes like this.
  3. Lxvely

Lxvely
    Hey there!

I really, really, really dislike this idea for a few reasons;
    1) Some people - myself included - really like the smaller, more laid back player base of Skyblock 2
    2) Skyblock 1 is really competitive and (pretty much) p2w. Some of us are not a fan of this.
    3) A larger community by its nature increases the amount of toxicity, meanness, and overall clique-ishness of a server. It's very easy for people on larger server's too get away with being toxic and rude to other player's because "gangs" seem to form because of the large player base. This has been seen on both Skyblock servers, but in my experience it is far more common on Skyblock 1.
    4) Some people - myself included - enjoying playing on both servers. For example, you play on 1 server competitively and the other server just for fun.
    5) Reducing it to 1 Skyblock server my increase traffic initially, but eventually smaller player's and smaller island's will get tired of the competitiveness and island hierarchy and just quit. It happens every season, but it would probably become worse if the server was consolidated.

Those are just a few reasons, and I'd be happy to discuss this idea with you more if you want to!
    Have a lovely day! :D

Yesoori, SoftBoyKisses and 10Controls like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.