Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

/effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stiva, May 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stiva

seray
    hello!

i think that it would be nice if we could do /effects when we are in minigames. currently, we can only toggle our effects on and off if we are in lobby or in sub servers. although this may not be a high priority at the moment, i think that it could be really nice to have in the future. whenever i am in a minigame, for example murder mayhem, it is pretty difficult to hide when my particles are around me. i know that an easy solution would be to just toggle them before i join a mini game, but i think that this could be a great addition in the future, especially since it would most likely be a fairly easy fix. thoughts?

Tennente, Kutez, bratphobic and 5 others like this.
  2. 6hb

6hb

6hb
    Hey Trippie!

Yes, yes and yes!

The amount of times that I've wanted to change my particle effects whilst in a lobby is crazy. Even if it's just to match my party members or because they are getting in the way the whilst I'm playing.

I also agree that in intense situations on SG or when you're hiding on Murder Mayhem the particles can give you away, causing you to be killed.

I feel like when Minigames are revamped this should definitely be on the list of new features as I don't see any negative ways this command could be used.

Hope you have a good day/night,
    6hb (jake)

Zonafer and stiva like this.
  3. Sarrrcasm

Sarrcasm
    Hey!

this is definitely something I’ve wanted for the longest. I can’t even explain how many times I’ve tried to write that command during a game. Not the biggest issue but would be very nice to be able to do so +1 :)).

4. Ankh

Ankh
    Although this is a small feature, I can completely agree with it. I've got absolutely no idea why this doesn't exist already.

5. DrBrando

DrBrando
    That is a big ol +1 from me! I have been the party leader of many Murder Mayhem games and been unable to turn off my particle whilst in-game because i don’t want to pull people out of games and throw everything off.

6. Mxats

Mxats
    Hello there!
    I do absolutely agree with this idea, I only have 1 effect myself so I don't have problems with not being able to change it in game. Although the amount of times I failed my speed bridge because of the particles being in my way, a lot. I recently turned off my overall minecraft particles so that they aren't in my way anymore, but now I can't see any animations. So yes please give us something like this! What also would be nice is if we could have just toggle them to only have them enabled in game.
    Best regards,
    Mats :)

stiva and Zonafer like this.
  7. FourNut

FourNut
    Hey,
    There have been a few threads about this certain topic, and for me I say YES! I love Murder Mayhem for it is my favorite mini-game, and it can be annoying when my particle effect is on, and the murderer can continuously follow you because of it. I'm not too sure why they wouldn't allow this in the first place, but I would love to see this in the future. I honestly just turned off my particle effect (on the most parts) for it can be really annoying to bridge with in Skywars, and other mini-games.
    +1

Have a nice day!

-FourNut

8. HeckTheThicc

HeckTheThicc
    Hi!
    I totally agree with this. When I'm in the middle of a Murder mystery game and need to hide, I don't want to leave the game just to disable my trail. In some mini-games, trails could be annoying or give you a disadvantage but you don't want to leave the game. I hope this gets added :)
    +1

9. s0cial_

ltrippie
    Hey, gamer!

I agree with your topic, this will be very useful in a minigame, I'll give you an example, when we are playing MM if someone sees that you are the murder and have activated particles, they already go on the chat to say that is that player with the particles and that is a little disadvantageous to us. I hope this idea of yours is implemented on the server.

Greetings,
    DinoDevil:blush:

10. Sparky

SparkyDawg
    Hey trippier!
    I love this idea a lot! I do not have effects but I have heard people complain about effects in games such as survival games, murder mayhem, and sky-wars, primarily when they are trying to shoot a bow and the effects covers your view! The toggle effect is probably the best idea that could have been said, maybe change it to /e even just for extra laziness XD! It would be annoying to have to go out and turn them off when ur in mini games and turn it back on for subservers! I like this idea a lot and support it!
    Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    - Cxltic_Warrior

11. jaeuhr

floire
    Hey Trippie,

I totally agree with this idea. I always try and turn off my effects when im in game and forget that I am unable to do it unless im in the lobby and sometimes its annoying. Correct me if im wrong, but I do remember you were always allowed to change your effects anywhere before but I guess they changed it. And as you mentioned this might not be a big priority for them to work on as they can be doing something more important but I definitely would like to see this change in the near future.

Love, Floir

12. Mauricioh

Mauricioh
    Hello!
    Even though it's a small addition, I don't see why it couldn't be added! If a Minigames Revamp comes, I hopefully think they'll come together :)
    Plus, that feature would be a good use for MM, allowing people to be more strategic,

Have a nice rest of your day. :)

stiva likes this.
  13. 89p

89p

89p
    Hey Trippie.

I don't really see why this isn't a feature already. It's a small quality of life change but would certainly be a neat thing to add! I sometimes find my particle effects giving away my location so it would be great to have an option to disable my particles mid-game.

Have a great day!

stiva likes this.
  14. TeddyOreo

TeddyOreo
    Hiya Trippie,

Personally I really like this idea and have always wondered why it's not a thing. As a Murder Mayhem player, effects can give away your identity and make you more recognizable. Having the option to toggle effects can benefit those players who play minigames that require to keep a low profile and not have excessive particles flying around at all times. I can speak from experience as I'm known as 'Fire Particle Man' whenever I'm on Murder Mayhem.

Hope this gets added in soon. :D

stiva likes this.
  15. iTristan

iTristan_
    Hey Trippie!
    I completely agree with everything you said! There have been numerous times where I am in the lobby of a sky wars game and don't feel like going back to the hub to change my particles because I am too lazy. I would love to have the convenience of being able to change particles in mini-games, even mid-game if you felt like it.

While we are on the topic of effects, I thought I would share some of my own ideas. I would love to see an option that randomizes your effects (ones you own) for every new minigame you join. This brings me to my next point which is MORE EFFECTS! I would like to have some new effects added. Some ideas I have are fireworks and bubbles. The fireworks would be similar to the sparkle effect but instead would me of an aurora (not swirling) and changing colors. What are your guy's thoughts about this? What effects would you like to see added?

Best wishes
    -Tris

stiva likes this.
  16. ltself

ltself
    I totally agree with this. There have been numerous occasions where in-game a SG or SW game my particles have gotten in the way and I have wished I can turn them off or on there and then. I agree with the others, I am not sure why this was a never a thing for minigames.

stiva likes this.
  17. SpaceAcademy2

I totally agree! Kind of Regret Getting Effect Since They Turned Out to be annoying And they mess with my OCD And they Distract Me from Building So I never turn them on.

#17 SpaceAcademy2, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
  18. Mary____

i wish i had effects..

stiva likes this.
  19. Lewklo

zaeuz
    yess!!! i agree although its not so hard to just toggle them off before going in game as you said, it would make things a lot easier for a lot of us if you were able to do it in-game tho. i cant see a reason too why you shouldn't be able too anyways so yeah, great ideaa

ilavau, sophi and stiva like this.
  20. Ahnxious

Emiies
    +1

stiva likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.