/droptools

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by RRizzy, Feb 13, 2021.

?

Add or Not?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RRizzy

A server I used to play on had a command called /droptools. Essentially what it did was that it protected your items from being dropped. You can toggle this in the menu. I have accidentally dropped my swords / bows in pvp many times and this would be amazing.

2. guih

guihzy
    I don’t know what subserver/minigame this is aimed at but skyblock has an item protection system already. I reckon it works pretty nice but I don’t think having the same system enabled in the pvp arenas of other servers (i.e. faction warzones) would work out nice. This is just my point of view though - dropping items is something that, of course, is part of the game and avoiding such unintentional drops builds up skill. -1

3. Eunbin

Eunbin
    Hello! I also have played with similar commands before and I also agree that it's frustrating when you accidentally drop your item in PvP as I have also made that mistake sometimes. I believe this would be quite useful on Prisons and KitPvP. And in all honesty, unintentionally dropping items in combat doesn't necessarily mean you don't have enough skill, I believe it's just a simple mistake that even the best players occasionally make. However, I don't see this as a big issue for most players, even though it's useful to have, I don't think that it's a big priority to have this be implemented immediately. Regardless, I'd still like to see a similar command in the future. +1 :)

puposaurus, Swaggle and DrBrando like this.
  4. DrBrando

DrBrando
    I would like to see this outside of pvp. In pvp, if you drop your sword, then that is fair game and should be able to be capitalized on. Outside of combat, however, I would like to see this on faction outside of combat because if I hear @wildly complain about dropping his HH at clearlag one more time....

Anyways, it seems like a clean and easy to implement suggestion and one that the server is already moving towards as Eunbin mentioned with the skyblock tool protection addon.

Eunbin likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.