Drop Special Items

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Cole Ferguson, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Cole Ferguson

CJCalibur
    There should be a separate island permission aside from Drop Items called Drop Special Items that prevents you from dropping Harvest Hoes, explosive tools, enchanted gear (not just diamond), and valuables. This would allow you to turn off drop valuables for everybody on your island including yourself and you wouldn't lose special items due to clear lag.

Lxvely likes this.
  2. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    How would you stop only those items from dropping?
    Binding them to your inventory could cause issues where you can't change the positions of items in the hotbar.

3. Nikk

Axrp
    A good addition to the game but I am pretty sure they do not want to go through every single valuable item in the game and have to classify it has 'valued' or not valued and then implement the code for the specific item then having to do that for all of the other items. This would include pretty much every single item in the game being classified as valuable or non.

It's a good idea but I think there is no need to have it as you also have to use a thing called 'common sense' to not drop those items on the ground and keep them protected when clear lag is clearly displayed in the chat.

Have a good day.

4. sleepless

Sleepless
    I do not think that this idea is really needed because clearlag does not clear valuable items. Also, there is already a cannot drop permission so I do not see a need for this to be implemented.

5. Crispy_Hax

Crispy_Hax
    I love the idea of this addition but overall I'm pretty sure this would create a lot more bugs than it would help people if you understand what I'm saying

6. tayhlor

tayhlor
    Hi! I don't think this is necessary at all. You can bind your drop button from "Q" to another key across the keyboard so you don't accidentally drop it, and it's very easy to change it. Also, the chances of you dropping an item on accident and then having it be removed by clear lag is very rare. Even if this was implemented I think it would be confusing for what counts as "valuable". Overall the problem of accidentally dropping an item is 100% avoidable so it's not an essential to have. Thanks for reading!

7. Crispy_Hax

Crispy_Hax
    Kinda sorta piggy backing off this idea there is also a way the server can create a command where you have to press Q twice to drop something instead of accidently tapping it

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.